PDA

View Full Version : Speed Glaze (#80)

Carl Anderson
01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
The detailer that has mentored me uses Speed Glaze as the final polish prior to waxing. Since I detail my Jet Black M3 frequently, I am wondering if this is too abrasive of a polish? I previously was using #7.

Carl

shaf
01-31-2004, 03:05 AM
In general, don`t use a stronger product if it is not needed. Speed Glaze is supposed to offer some strength to it above something like #7, so it may make perfect sense to use for a professional detailer whose job it is to detail a car that may not have seen the best of care.

For my personal vehicle that I know I have taken care of properly, I would not make it a habit of using Speed Glaze for no reason if I`m happy with the results from #7 already.

Spilchy
01-31-2004, 09:22 AM
I am not a pro, but I use Speed Glaze on my car (when required) and every car that I do for money. It is milder than DACP, but stronger than Swirl Free and #9. It`s a perfect middle of the road polish!

It provides the right amount of bite to remove light scratches and swirls and leaves a mirror-like finish.

In fact, I absolutely love using it! Either I use it as the only polish prior to glazing or waxing, or if I use DACP, I follow with Speed Glaze and go straight to a wax.

I use with either a Lake Country white polish pad or an orange pad. It works with both a PC and rotary.

For killer results, follow with a glaze like #3, #7 or even Hand Polish and the results are stunning!

It is a must-have in my regimen and gets used every time I detail. For some reason, it doesn`t get much play here, but I highly recommend it. Also, you don`t see it for sale anywhere except at Meguiars online and www.thetoolwarehouse.net

Give it a try, you`ll be suprised. It`s a bit of sleeper polish!

stevet
01-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Spilchy,

What is the proper way to use Speed Glaze? Do you work it untill it`s gone like DACP?

imported_edschwab1
02-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Check out SCG for a thread on #80.

Eric

Spilchy
02-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by stevet

Spilchy,

What is the proper way to use Speed Glaze? Do you work it untill it`s gone like DACP?

That`s how I do it!