PDA

View Full Version : Clay Lubricant with QD?

JaCkaL829
01-29-2004, 08:00 PM
While reading the good deals I came across a post by raymond_ho2002 concerning a good deal at Costco. The deal was (2) 32 fl oz EO wax as you dry for like 8 bucks. He then recomended to dilute it 1:4 with water and thats 2 gallons of QD. My question is would this combination be good as a clay lubricant? I read some posts about people claiming that soap and water eats up the clay rather quickly. Will this 1:4 mixture of water and EO have the same effect or will it work like any other QD off the shelf???

Thanks in Advance!

shaf
01-31-2004, 02:45 AM
I don`t think anyone will know the answer to this one. You may want to try it, but the EO WAYD might or might not lubricate as well as a real QD because a QD is purpose-made to provide lubrication.

You could also experiment with diluted QD, as I am confident this will work as well, but I never got around to trying it myself.

Using shampoo and water mix probably won`t cause any problem as long as you don`t fold too much water into the clay. That has caused clay to soften and fall apart with both soap OR QD. Blot it dry a little bit before folding/kneading (whichever you do).

raymond_ho2002
01-31-2004, 05:36 AM
After reading 4dsc`s post, I am thinking that maybe it wasn`t such a hot idea to suggest diluting WAYD. I agree with 4dsc`s statement, that designated quick detailers probably have some sort of lubricant that aids in encapsulation of dirt. Since WAYD was meant to be used on a clean surface after a wash, it might not be safe to use as you would a normal qd.. meaning, it might not be safe for dust/dirt removal, nor as a clay lubricant.

JaCkaL829
01-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Ok well I went to Costco and didn`t notice any EO WAYD. So i guess i`ll just buy some QD no big deal. While at Costco in Clifton, NJ I did notice a new shipment of MFs. They had a couple huge boxes worth of em.