PDA

View Full Version : A Better Mate For P21s/S100 ?

rd_volvo
01-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Anyone find a better glaze or pre wax than GEPC/SEPC

for S100?

I`ve been playing with HD-Cleanse with nice results.

thx

rd

Alex Creasey
01-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Wax (VMW), or Poorboy`s Polish With Carnauba (PwC) are popular choices also.

:).

togwt
01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Quote: A Better Mate For P21s/S100?

~One man’s opinion /observations~

One school of thought is to use the same line of products (i.e. Pre-wax cleaner and wax, synergistic compatibility [: each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product/ process]

But incompatibility between ‘major’ product lines is very rare, so find a product that works and one that gives you the look you like, “Beauty is in the ‘guy of the beholderâ€, and use the L out of it.

I tend to use Zymol Cleanse as a pre cleaner as it formulated from natural products, it works well, and doesn’t seem to adversely react with any other brads I use.

IMO GEPC/SEPC is a surface cleaner and a wax, not really a glaze

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

imported_kgb
01-29-2004, 10:52 AM
I am a huge fan of Poorboy`s Polish with Carnuba!

Scott P
01-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Vanilla Moose is commonly used instead of GEPC. I top Vanilla Moose with S100 on some of the cars I detail. There isn`t any problems with them interacting. Most sytems can be crossed with teh exception of some sealants like Zaino and Klasse. They really like clean surfaces underneath and rely on eachother to bond.

Accumulator
01-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Another option is Pinnacle`s Paintwork Cleasing Lotion. Just gotta find which one YOU like best. I`m sorta partial to VM these days, and 1Z`s Metallic Polish.

Vadar
01-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I like Mother`s sealer and glaze.

imported_Intermezzo
02-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Dom

I like Mother`s sealer and glaze.

Dom, you and I must be two of the biggest Mothers fans here (outside of Forrest...of course!) because I have also found Mothers S/G to work very well as a base for P21S Carnauba. It does a great job in improving the `depth-of-shine` for P21S on my wife`s black bimmer and any remaining swirls are practically invisible.

Scottwax
02-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Alex Creasey

Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Wax (VMW), or Poorboy`s Polish With Carnauba (PwC) are popular choices also.

:).

I use both and have also tried AIO with excellent results.

rd_volvo
02-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey Int,

You talked me into trying the M`s S/G under the S100. I have it and used almost all of Mother`s products in the past with mucho satisfaction. I toggle between Mother`s, One Grand and a few other seperates.

rd

imported_Larry A
02-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Dom, you and I must be two of the biggest Mothers fans here (outside of Forrest...of course!) because I have also found Mothers S/G to work very well as a base for P21S Carnauba. It does a great job in improving the `depth-of-shine` for P21S on my wife`s black bimmer and any remaining swirls are practically invisible. I also find that Mothers S/G is great. I used it under Collinite Insulator on wifes van, best of both worlds high shine and long lasting.

spetulla
02-05-2004, 09:38 PM
i love how gepc + SG + s100 looks

schoi
02-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I use both and have also tried AIO with excellent results.

God, I love AIO. I have a shipment of that, P21S, NXT wax, and the NXT wash coming in tomorrow.