PDA

View Full Version : do any of you use a machine to remove wax of klasse?

corvetteman
01-28-2004, 08:04 PM
I`m old and my arms are getting really tired plus sometimes the stuff is on so good I end up bending my hood temporarily just trying to get it off.

taxidriver
01-28-2004, 09:03 PM
It,s not a good idea to use the machine to remove any products

Trust me, I have tried.Good thing it was an old beater.

But of course!maybe i did something wrong :)

Ps.Maybe you applied it to thick ???

corvetteman
01-28-2004, 09:05 PM
i must have because some times i bend panels to try and get it off

taxidriver
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok,try to apply some more an wipe it off at once.

That works for me. :)

raymond_ho2002
01-28-2004, 09:10 PM
taxidriver, why do you not find it a good idea to use a pc to aid in product removal?

Spree17, i see no problems with using a PC equipped with a terry or microfiber bonnet. I would suggest removing as much as you can by hand first, and then using the machine to pick up residual wax that you might have missed. That way, you don`t gum up your PC bonnet with too much product.

corvetteman
01-28-2004, 09:10 PM
thanks ray! I never heard of a mf boonet

taxidriver
01-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Raymond! Just as you wrote it,Because of the danger of gumming up your pc bonnet. I have never tryed it with a terry or a

MF bonnet.Will stick to remove it by hand just to be on the safe side :)

corvetteman
01-28-2004, 09:34 PM
if ive used too much product or wax and left it on too long in spits how do I get it off if qd doesnt seem to do the job?

taxidriver
01-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Have you tryed to use the same product as you first applied ??

Just wipe it of before it,s dry.

Don,t know if it will help,but give it a try :)

shaf
01-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Try applying the Klasse a bit thinner in the future - you should hardly be able to tell you`ve applied it if it`s thin enough. Try searching some of the older threads about this topic.

Alternatively try the wipe on, wipe off ("WOO") method of applying by BillNorth.

Gonzo
01-29-2004, 08:10 AM
AIO will remove the previous AIO and anything else above the original AIO. Just reapply. I apply AIO using a CMA gray pad at 6, priming the pad with EO Wipe and Shine.

Accumulator
01-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Some MF bonnets work better with some products than others. I have at least 4 different kinds of MF bonnets for my PC and Cyclo, and I do almost ALL my product removal by machine. Just gotta match the tool (i.e., the bonnet) to the job.

99323ic
02-04-2004, 08:21 PM
I actually prefer to use an MF bonnet on low to medium speed. I find that it gives a real quality finish.

The key is to not put any product on too thick. That will just load up the fibers and then you are opening the door to problems.

Accumulator
02-05-2004, 12:00 PM
And *I* remove product with a medium to HIGH speed :D so there`s apparently a lot of room for experimentation and personal preference!

And yeah, too thick an application will load up MF bonnets rather quickly. If/when this happens, *I* don`t turn them inside-out or try to spur/fluff them, I just get a fresh one.