PDA

View Full Version : pinnacle souveran

Pages : [1] 2

6']['9
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
can anyone give me any info on this product, other than it cost $59 how comparable is it to P21S, S100 or Trade Secret as far as looks and durability?

are there any differences between

pinnacle paste wax & liquid wax i also see theres a signature series how good is this stuf.

do you really think if i do a hood with the final layer being P21s /Souveran will there be that much of adifference to pay $59 for carnuba wax

sorry for all the ?`s hope you can answer em

tom p.
01-28-2004, 05:57 PM
it`s a 1st class product but not well-suited for a daily driver unless you have the time and temperment to re-wax monthly...especially in a hot climate.

The best carnauba value is Blitx Wax, IMO. I have Pinnacle, P21S, Zymol all sitting in my basement so I have had much opportunity to compare.

imported_BretFraz
01-28-2004, 06:08 PM
I have had Souveran since 1998 and its a terrific carnauba wax but maybe not a great value. For the money its impossible to beat S100 (cycle version of P21S, pretty much the same stuff but only $15). While I really like Souveran I don`t think its worth 4X the money.

No liquid wax will give you the look of a paste wax. Liquids are more of a compromise, made primarily for machine application.

My opinion of the diffs between Souveran and Paste Glaz is that Souveran prolly has more oils in it and maybe a little higher carnauba content. Hard to say definitively without a chemical analysis or ingredients list.

Can`t tell you about Pinnacle Signature. Maybe do a search to see what comes up, if anything. I don`t recall too many posts about it.

Scottwax
01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Pinnacle Souveran gives a very liquid look to properly prepped paint. S100 gives you 95% of what you get from PS at 1/4th the price. If that extra 5% is worth the extra cost, you won`t be disappointed.

BTW, I haven`t found that PS is any less durable than S100, CMW or Meguiars #26. I get about 3 months or so of beading out of all of them.

JustinR32
01-28-2004, 07:18 PM
The beading and protection lasts, what fades in a couple or three weeks is the "glow" that makes it so addicting to use.

Tom

AMP01
01-28-2004, 07:20 PM
6`][`9,

I agree with everything that has been said about Souveran for sure. I will say that Souveran on property prepped paint, to me, leaves the most wet/liquid finish of all the waxes that I have tried.

I also have the Pinnacle Signature wax. Signature is kind of like S100/P21S except that it leaves the surface looking wetter but not as wet looking as Souveran.

Here is a pic of Souveran on very well prepped jet black paint.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805first_pic_with_souveran.jpg

Cheers,

imported_Totoland Mach
01-28-2004, 07:38 PM
I`ve been using Souveran for 6 months on my `03 Mach 1. Unfortunately, it is metallic gray and doesn`t show the brilliance like the black Bimmer above (which is, by far, one of the nicest examples of Souveran I`ve yet to see).

bigpoppa
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Souveran is hands down the best carnauba I have tried. As compared to P21s, the appearance is a notch or two better, and application/removal is noticeably easier in my experience.

It is worth the extra $$ to me.

2clean4u
01-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Souveran is hands down the best wax I`ve tried. Should you get it? Well I say YES if:

-your car is black or red

-finish is perfect

-use it as a topper

-dont mind waxing often

-You dont mind paying the $$$

I use it as a topper on top of the klasse twins. Dont use it alone because it doesnt offer much protection. If you are planning on using it on top of silver or white I wouldnt bother because you will get the same results as s100 and s100 cost less.

On Black or red Souveran is better then s100. It makes the car glow. It seams to come alive 24 hrs latter. I remember the 1st time I used it I was a little dissapointed with the results. Later that night I went back into the garage I was shocked at how the paint was glowing. For a really great look put on a second coat after 24hrs. You are in for a treat.

Give us some info on your car such as color

6']['9
01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
thanks guys i appreciate the help.

BlueDragonZ
01-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Definately :up :up for me on the PS. I`m using it as a topper over AIO and this combo is better than I`ve seen using OTHER popular products. The cost is a bit more but it certainly worth it. If you decide to get PS, I would suggest getting the Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD. I usually apply the QD at least once a week to replenish the just wax look you get from PS.

JustinR32
01-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Fskof

Souveran is hands down the best wax I`ve tried. Should you get it? Well I say YES if:

-your car is black or red

-finish is perfect

-use it as a topper

-dont mind waxing often

-You dont mind paying the $$$

I use it as a topper on top of the klasse twins. Dont use it alone because it doesnt offer much protection. If you are planning on using it on top of silver or white I wouldnt bother because you will get the same results as s100 and s100 cost less.

On Black or red Souveran is better then s100. It makes the car glow. It seams to come alive 24 hrs latter. I remember the 1st time I used it I was a little dissapointed with the results. Later that night I went back into the garage I was shocked at how the paint was glowing. For a really great look put on a second coat after 24hrs. You are in for a treat.

Give us some info on your car such as color

My experience exactly.

Tom

Inzane
01-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by AMP01

Here is a pic of Souveran on very well prepped jet black paint.

AMP01, you just posted what is to date one of my most favorite Autopia pictures I`ve ever seen. Just incredible. Is that your car in the picture?

:xyxthumbs

AMP01
01-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Inzane,

Yes, that is my former `99 740iL. Here is another shot of that car on that very same day. I just love shiny black cars! :D

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805side_pic_with_souveran_resized.jpg

Black is not easy to take care of on a day to day basis, but when it is fully detailed, it looks `````en! :bow

Cheers,

drrac2
01-30-2004, 06:07 AM
AMPO1 YOUR CAR LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What specific products did you use prior to the Souveran?

VERY IMPRESSIVE:xyxthumbs