PDA

View Full Version : Interior/Exterior Process?

AutoNova
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Can you all help me find some threads on the process that people use to do full interior/exterior details on cars. Being a Noob I find that my details are so time consuming because I don`t have a good process for doing full details. I have read the guide but it doesn`t really give a full int/ext detail guide.

It will be good to see what different methods autopians use.

Dinzdale40
01-28-2004, 12:10 AM
I think as you do more details you will discover ways to get faster. As long as you are working at a good speed and make it so that you are always doing something instead of waiting for something to dry you can take out allot of the slack....

AutoNova
01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Big Diz,

We have the exact same number of posts until I click enter.

Dinzdale40
01-30-2004, 06:39 PM
hehe yeah i don`t post allot unless it`s very important......:-)

bumpity bump bump for your threa tho...

imported_NHBFAN
01-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Dinzdale40

I think as you do more details you will discover ways to get faster. As long as you are working at a good speed and make it so that you are always doing something instead of waiting for something to dry you can take out allot of the slack....

Dinzdale40,

I have to speed up the drying process.

CWB and WWs only go so far. Going to have to purchase a blower/vac. I think Craftsman a vac with a 265 mph blower. Maybe my next purchase.

AutoNova
01-31-2004, 02:42 PM
That looks good, Iam finding that on the exterior I have to do the windows and apply dressing to the tires and trim before I wax, other wise it gets onto the car that I just waxed. The windows have to be done last all the time but sometimes it is hard to keep chemical off the car. Do you apply tire dressing before waxing polishing and waxing?

Also if you do the door jambs after waxing do you have any problems with stuff getting on the runners?