PDA

View Full Version : Prestone de-icing windshield fluid

beastie
01-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Besides the skull and crossbones on the back of the bottle, does this de-icing windshield washer have any ill effects on the car? I`m concerned about any corrosiveness. Thanks.

imported_kgb
01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
It will stain your paint! We have seen many cars come through with stains around the wiper nozzles and stains that run on the top of the car. We could not figure it out at first but traced the problem to the fluid the people were using. They were usually using the "special" type fluid.

tom p.
01-27-2004, 02:56 PM
I have been running the Prestone de-icing fluid in one car this winter with the P21S windshield wash booster and the RainX de-icing fluid (with the P21S windshield wash booster) in another car. No staining seen so far and I`d like to say the Prestone product actually works. It really does a great job....I was quite surprised.

No alcohol odor from either of these cleaners.

ranch4x4
01-27-2004, 03:38 PM
I`ve been using the Prestone de-icing fluid for a couple months and have not noticed any staining. It does work well at getting the ice off too. I found a bottle of P21S windshield booster in my shed, don`t know where it came from, but I guess it must be mine!

Lowejackson
01-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Maybe the staining is a result of using the wrong concentration of fluid, ie neat.