PDA

View Full Version : difference in quick detailing sprays?

III
01-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I wanted to ask all of you if there`s a difference in all the quick detailing sprays that are out there. Is it true that makers use different ingredients that work better with different products? Take eagle ones wet wipe `n` shine vs meguiars quick detailer just to name a few. According to properautocare.com (classic motoring) they say that eagle ones wipe `n` shine can be used when using klasse aio. They also said that the wipe `n` shine has teflon in the product. I was just wondering why they would recommend eagle one vs someother product.

The above leads me to ask another question. For all you klasse people out there, do you think sonus would be the best qd to use when using klasse? How about the eagle one wipe `n` shine or even maybe meguiars qd?

Accumulator
01-24-2004, 05:55 PM
III- Short answer: yeah, different QDs *CAN* be different. Some work better with certain products than with others, but you DON`T have to stay within manufacturer`s lines.

Sonus will work great with Klasse for obvious reasons, but so do a lot of other ones (I like BF and Quik Shine, for instance). BEST? I dunno, maybe, not that it`ll make a difference, IMO.

Can`t really comment on the Meg`s product, only QD of theirs I use is #34. Haven`t used the Eagle 1 stuff, but plenty of people have, and they say it works fine.

Oh, and anything about products containing "teflon" is BS, unless you`re talking kitchenware or something like that. NO, detailing products don`t/can`t contain teflon, it doesn`t work that way. Companies like CMA really oughta quit perpetuating that kinda crap, makes them sound like telemarketers.

SVR
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
There are certainly differences

When i was using Omikron Bodyguard 9 month paint protection on my car, i had to use purified water which i still do, i use that to top up my 3M Gloss Enhancer.

I was using the 3M GE but i found out that due to the alcohol that`s in it, the bodyguard was getting stripped off and the paint would lose it`s smoothness. I contacted them about that and other issues with bodyguard and they have addressed them and now sell bodyseal which is far superior and i have resumed using 3M. Every time it gets half full, i top up with the water and one bottle lasts me for ages.

I don`t like the meguiars QD spray bottle. Very wasteful and it`s not as good as the 3M either. Final inspection is better but i will be trying some malco pro showroom shine soon.