PDA

View Full Version : Durable Wax

MTomlinson07
01-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I am currently a college student and only go home about once a month, while at school, the only way I can wash my truck is the local coin-op carwash, and I have no way of waxing it out of direct sunlight. My question is what would be a good wax that willl last and keep a nice shine on my black truck , even after about 1-2 coin-op car washes a week for 3-4weeks. I would just wash it with QEW but everyone in my apartment complex would think I am a weirdo.

imported_BretFraz
01-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Have a look at this thread: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32157

Lots of good choices there. Some available in stores, some only online.

raymond_ho2002
01-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Some products that can be used in the sun that come to mind are clearkote waxes (moose wax, vanilla moose, carnauba moose), american shine, and i think poorboy`s.

clearkote`s website: www.clearkote.net

poorboy`s: www.poorboysworld.com or you can get it from premiumautocare.com

not sure about american shine.

If you ever get over your shyness of using QEW, you can look forward to saving $$ from having to use the coin-op washes. Personally, i wouldn`t think it`d be that weird.. I`d just see it as someone taking care of their car.

Scottwax
01-24-2004, 07:48 PM
You can use American Shine`s Carnauba in the direct (and I mean direct) sun on black paint at straight up noon in the middle of summer with no problems at all.

Scottwax
01-24-2004, 07:50 PM
BTW, who cares what everyone else thinks about you using QEW? I`ve had a few cute females come up to me to ask how I am washing my car with so little water. ;)

imported_NHBFAN
01-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 360RamGuy01

I would just wash it with QEW but everyone in my apartment complex would think I am a weirdo.

You`d have company here at autopia!

I`m sure everyone in my complex thinks I`m a weirdo when they see me QDing my truck in 40 degree weather.

MTomlinson07
01-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Looks like I`m going to have to get some new products Right now I have Clay Magic Clay, MPPC, 3M Swirl Remover, #26, Meguiars CW, GC Paste Wax, and Meguiars QD, and from what everyone has said these won`t work in direct sunlight.

imported_BretFraz
01-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Any of those products will work fine. I assume you can find a little shade in Texas to wax your truck? That`s all you need.

imported_WCD
01-25-2004, 10:52 PM
www.onegrand.com Blitz Wax known as Best in World about $19.95 a can.

You might want to look into sealants. They can last up to 6 months.

www.detailplus.com

www.mark-v.com

These are professional companies that are not in stores. Many pro detailers use them.

Robert Regan