PDA

View Full Version : Automatic car wash w/ brushes

jar
01-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Well.. I let my mom drive my car, and she figured she`d do me the favor of washing it for me. She took it down the road to one of the places with the brushes. Needless to say, my car (black) appears to be scratched all over the place.

How do I get rid of these scractches? My car is only 6 months old!

LouisanaJeeper
01-23-2004, 01:45 PM
you`ll need a polisher (or polish it by hand (alot of work!)) use 3m fine cut rubbing compund, meguires DACP or Megs Swirl mark Remover, depending on how severe the scratches are.

togwt
01-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Quote: Automatic car wash w/ brushes

~One man’s opinion / observations~

No idea on your location but assuming Meg’s products are available you might want to try ScrachX (primarily a hand application product) and then work up in abrasiveness according to LouisanaJeeper list

And when your doing the wipe on, wipe off thing with sore arms remember you Mum was only thinking of you when she washed your car

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

jar
01-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah I already got some scratchx at home. I am going to be able to get my paint back to new though right?

imported_jaobrien6
01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
you can almost definitely get your car looking like new again (assuming that scratches from the car wash are the only problem), but don`t expect it to happen in 15 minutes with scratchx.

Having no idea how bad the scratches are, no one can tell you how easy it`s going to be or what product will probably work the best.

Give the scratchx a try as it`s a good hand application product as TOGWT said. If you`re not happy with how it looks, you have two choices. Try again (sometimes a second attempt with the same product is all you need), or come back here and spend a little time researching about polishing out swirls and scratches.

Based on your description, you can probably fix the damage just fine, but have patience. There`s a technique that goes along with everything you read here, and you`re not going to get 100% perfect results the first time (unless you`re way better at this than me ;) ).

John

Jesstzn
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
1Z has some stuff specially for A/C fungus odor if thats the problem,

tnoy66
01-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

1Z has some stuff specially for A/C fungus odor if thats the problem,

someones reading too many threads at once ;)

Jesstzn
01-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by tnoy66

someones reading too many threads at once ;)

More like 3 forums and 5 work programs and the phone .. :LOLOL