PDA

View Full Version : Favorite paint cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Tony
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
What is your favorite paint cleaner: AIO, MPPC, SEPC, other?

III
01-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Don`t know if this helps, but I`ve only used mppc. Worked pretty good.

andriver
01-23-2004, 12:27 PM
I vote for AIO.

Kleanride
01-23-2004, 01:32 PM
B-I-AIO, B-I-AIO, B-I-AIP and Klasse was its name-o!

togwt
01-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Quote: Favorite paint cleaner?

~One man’s opinion / observations~

What is your favorite…?

There is nothing wrong with the question; I’m just surprised it comes from someone who’s obviously been around Autopia for a while.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

SK2003TypeS
01-23-2004, 02:45 PM
AIO is great

Pinnacle PCL is great for new cars.

tom p.
01-23-2004, 02:56 PM
If your paint is in excellent condition, the P21S product, Gloss Enhancing Paint Cleaner, sure is nice.

there are an awful lot of good/excellent choices in this category...enough to drive you crazy or broke sampling them all :D

AlphaSpread
01-23-2004, 03:39 PM
I like P21S GEPC also.

Dale, is the cold weather finally starting to get to you? Hang in there buddy! :D

imported_Tony
01-23-2004, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TOGWT

[B]Quote: Favorite paint cleaner?

~One man’s opinion / observations~

What is your favorite…?

There is nothing wrong with the question; I’m just surprised it comes from someone who’s obviously been around Autopia for a while.

I am a big fan of AIO but as the name implies it is more than a cleaner. When I need something more than AIO I use a polish. Just perhaps by asking the question I may find an insight to cleaners that I had not considered.

Scottwax
01-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Define paint cleaner.

If you mean something that will specifically remove minor defects, etc from the surface of the paint without being overly aggressive, then mine is Meguiars Swirl Free Polish #82.

imported_Tony
01-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Define paint cleaner: I meant a product that is primarily designed to deep clean however I am not trying to be picky. The addition of swirl free to this class of product is the kind of input that aids in product selection. The fact that you use swirl free as one would use a cleaner is the type of response that I am looking for.

Thanks

imported_jgv
01-23-2004, 06:11 PM
You also have Poorboys Pro Polish, something else to add to that group, and it works fine too.

Pats300zx
01-24-2004, 09:48 AM
My favs:

AIO

SEPC

Kleanride
01-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by asjk07

Dale, is the cold weather finally starting to get to you? Hang in there buddy! :D

I think the cold might have brained my damage...?!?!

:nixweiss

JustinR32
01-24-2004, 11:11 AM
If I may ask an ancillary question, are all paint cleaners reasonably equal in action and composition? I`d have to say Menzerna FP doesn`t need anything between it and the wax, for example.

Here are the producte I have that I would consider "paint cleaners":

PPCL

MPPC

S100 SEC

AIO

FP

#82, I guess

My experience of their action (I could be very wrong, that`s why I said opinion, if so PLEASE educate me):

FP: awesome mild abrasive, best for correcting "innies" (darts, tracers, spiders) rather than "outies" (tree sap, bug juice, stuck dirt). No fillers, no gloss agents.

MPPC, heavy chemical cleaner, lightly abrasive. Strong as a paint cleaner, mild as a swirl remover. (My favorite "all purpose" cleaner, btw. Good on innies, best on outies.)

PPCL, very mild, more fillers and gloss than cleaning action, but not enough to qualify as a glaze, either. (This one is a nice product, but doesn`t fit in for me. I notice no difference in final results whether I use it or not.)

AIO: similar to MPPC in chemical cleaning action, but its SG content makes it more suitable for use within its own system rather than on its own. Otherwise, MPPC but of limited use on innies.

S100 SEC, haven`t used it yet.

#82, haven`t used it yet.

ALso, I`ve used SMR, #9, Meg`s Step 1, #81, and #7 as "paint cleaners" when the finish is good enough and I wanted to skip a step.

Tom

edit: after I wrote this, I thought about oxidation, a problem I don`t run into. Is oxidation an innie, outie, or separate category? I say, separate. How do those of you with more experience say each of these handle oxidation?