PDA

View Full Version : upp gloss enhancer or quick detailer

darylnj
09-14-2004, 06:41 PM
can upp gloss enhancer be used the same as meguiars quick detailer. upp states use on a clean car.i don`t want to clean my car with them, i just want to remove dust.can the meguiars quick detailer be used over upp polish with no ill effects.can anyone recommend anything better?or are these about the best.

CharlesW
09-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by darylnj
can upp gloss enhancer be used the same as meguiars quick detailer. upp states use on a clean car.i don`t want to clean my car with them, i just want to remove dust.can the meguiars quick detailer be used over upp polish with no ill effects.can anyone recommend anything better?or are these about the best. 4 Star UGE can be used the same as any other QD.
I can`t imagine that Meguiar`s Quik Detailer is going to damage any wax or sealant. Note that there is n "c" in Quik for Meg`s QD product. They also have a pretty strong professional cleaner/wax that is named Quick Detailer. With the "c" in Quick. Meguiar`s makes some great products, just be sure to get the right product for the job.
My choice in QD`s happens to be
1. 4 Star UGE
2a. Meg`s Final Detail, replaced by Last Step, I think. :dunno
2b. Meg`s Final Inspection
2a for waxed finishes, 2b for finishes with a sealant.
I feel that the FD might negatively affect the bonding of another coat of sealant. I don`t think the FI will.
I really have no idea, but it works for me.
If it were not for the cost, I would probably use the UGE for everything. :) As it is, I only use it on a vehicle with UPP as the final product.

Charles

darylnj
09-15-2004, 06:40 PM
thanks i`ll stick with the uge.