PDA

View Full Version : My floor mats leave my shoes dirty!

imported_kgb
01-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Ok, I have tried a few different carpet cleaners to clean my floor mats with no luck. They always look clean but then I drive in the car and notcie my brand new white shoes have black heels from the mats! Any suggestions?

stilez
01-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Currently I use a method that lifts deep down stains and odors out quite well.

What you will need

-Hi-power vacuum

-Carpet Extractor (Small Bissel Cleaner or something of the sort)

-Shout Oxy Power

-2 Gal Bucket

-Medium Bristled Nylon Brush

What to do

-Vacuum out the upholstery or carpet

-Mix in the 2 gal bucket: 2 scoops of Shout Oxy Power and the rest with warm/hot water

-Stir it up with the brush and let it sit for 5 mins for the product to saturate into the water

-Proceed to then scrub the solution into the carpet. You will see the solution saturated into the carpet. Just scrub the solution in and work to your next area.

-When the entire area is saturated, begin where you begun scrubbing the first section. Proceed to extract the water solution out of the carpets/upholstery.

-Let it all dry and Voila!

Notes

-I say use a carpet extractor, but you can use a Wet/Dry Vac to suck out the solution. A bissel extractor works better though. Do your research, I am sure there is something at Wal-Mart that will work well. However, make sure you can get it into tight spaces.

-Repeat if necessary. For deep stains, just apply the solution and let it sit for about 20 mins.

imported_kgb
01-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Oxy Clean! I forgot all about the Oxy stuff! I used that when my dumb a$$ spilled red gatorade on my carpet and it came right out! Thanks!

LouisanaJeeper
01-22-2004, 07:48 PM
use a hose to spray it down very well. Air dry

SVR
01-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately i don`t have a carpet extractor but i do have 5 litres of car chem CL7. I simply take the plastic lid off my cleaning products bin and turn upside down

Put mats on that - blast the crap out of them with cold water and sometimes steam. Then spray on the CL7 and scrub with brush in the direction that the material goes and let it hang on the clothese line for a few minutes then i blast the product off. A little time hanging to dry and then apply seal it to make the black backing shine and then back in the car. Of course extractors are the best but i can`t afford one.

Nothing worse than dirty mats in a clean interior

Patrick
01-23-2004, 09:08 AM
If you dont have an extractor:

Vacuum thoroughly, mix your favorite APC in a bucket at appropriate dilution ratios, saturate and scrub, then hit with either high pressure wand at coin op, or hi-press. adapter from hose at home....Hang dry as long as you can stand it, vacuum again.....

armoredsaint
01-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Doe you wear the shiney white shoes with the gold buckle? :D

imported_kgb
01-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Doe you where the shiney white shoes with the gold buckle? :D

No, but they are white ;)

http://filastore.fila.com/images/product/large/11x734lx_150_l.jpg