PDA

View Full Version : autoglym

Pages : [1] 2

taxidriver
01-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Just wondering! do any of you guys use Atoglym,and if so, do you

think it is a good product ?

Any product i should keep away from and why ?

:wavey

X_tip
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
I`ve used autoglym shampoo for my MB c class interior. I can vouch it`s definately one of the top. It looks as good as I first bought it.

sissy012
01-20-2004, 10:34 PM
I used AutoGlym paint renovator to remove oxidation from the crome trims when Meguaire`s Metal Polisher didn`t quite do the job. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the AutoGlym range of products.

SergC
01-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Agreed with X_tip:up

Any Autoglym product is great quality.

Regards,

Serg

safetyman2010
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Autoglym makes a high quality range of products but are as of yet difficult to get in North America. I have been working with the new Canadian distributor evaluating the product line and can only vouch for the products I have tried as of this point. The bodyshop range of products are EXCELLENT. In particular the glass polish is really slick stuff. The polishes work well and the metal polish works very nicely.

imported_perambulator
01-20-2004, 11:40 PM
I have been using Autoglym Super Resin Polish since 1991, excellent product in terms of paint cleansing, shine and protection. The only minor drawback is that when you buff it off, it tends to powder up a bit more than other similar products, no big deal really. If you are topping it with Sealer Glaze, just make sure you apply in very thin coats.

The two work very similar to the Klasse twin.

Mr Concours
01-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by keray

I used AutoGlym paint renovator to remove oxidation from the crome trims when Meguaire`s Metal Polisher didn`t quite do the job. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the AutoGlym range of products.

I would like to echo what Keray said; on the whole the Autoglym range is very good the only product I`ve been dissapointed in was the paint renovator.O3B,G6,T-Cut were all far superior IMO.

Super Resin polish is OK and I still use it on my Wife`s Daily driver but there are better Carnuba based waxes out there.And it REALLY powders like mad when buffing, which I find a pain on the bumpers/trim.

Fast Glass is my fav glass cleaner and as somebody said the Glass Polish is excellent on really dirty windows.

Intensive Tar remover is the one I reach for first, for a Tar remover I`ve bought other brands but keep coming back to this.

I have used there wheel clean brush for Years with no scratching on my painted alloy wheels,Clean wheels (the alloy wheel cleaner ) is acid based and a bit harsh for my tastes-it stripped the plating off my calipers on my show car and I had to get them replated (again).P21S is better.

Be careful you don`t get `wedded` to any one line of products the car care World is always making leaps forward,try to `cherry pick` the best products from different car care lines based on what you read on Autopia and you wont go far wrong.

butchdave
01-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr Concours

Super Resin polish is OK and I still use it on my Wife`s Daily driver but there are better Carnuba based waxes out there.

:confused: But its not a carnuba wax...

Its a good sealant, especially when topped with SG, but I suspect most of the Autopians who use it will top it with a carnuba - that way you get the protection of the sealant and the gloss of the carnuba

I agree about the powdering - it helps not to use apply too thickly and I think machine application might be the best approach to ensure even application with the minimum product.

AndyC
01-21-2004, 08:22 AM
I have AG Super Resin, Bumper Care, Fast Glass, Paint Renovator, Interior Shampoo & Vinyl/Rubber Care.

I did sort of forget them when I started using Megs consumer range but have started using them again (especially Bumper Care & fast Glass) as they give very good results.

togwt
01-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Quote: autoglym

Just wondering! Do any of you guys use Atoglym, and if so, do you

think it is a good product?

~One man’s opinion / observations~

I’ve been using Autoglym products since before Klasse (1960s) .My experience has shown me that you will get your best results if you stay within one company`s line of products throughout the entire process) i.e. Car wash concentrate, Paint renovator, Resin polish and Extra Gloss). The reason for this is that the chemists that develop these products make sure they are compatible throughout the entire process. Each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product and process.

But as Mr Concourse stated some products are better at some things than others.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

Accumulator
01-21-2004, 11:05 AM
I too like the SRP. It doesn`t clean as well as AIO (I did some direct, side-by-side comparisons), but for some reason I sorta like it BETTER anyhow.

SRP makes any marring a little less noticeable, whereas AIO sometimes makes it MORE noticeable.

I apply (and remove) it with a random orbital, and top it with carnauba.

Interesting that so many of us who use Autoglym have been using it for a LONG time...that tells you something!

Lowejackson
01-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I agree with everyone else. Autoglym make a good range of products. I could not say each one is the best for all occasions. The products I dont like and by this I mean I prefer other products, is the shampoo and wheel cleaner.

Spook
01-21-2004, 03:52 PM
I have used Autoglym products on my last few cars and have been pleased with the results.

I like using the vinyl and rubber care on the inside of the car, it also leaves a nice smell.

Jesstzn
01-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ShineShop

Autoglym makes a high quality range of products but are as of yet difficult to get in North America. I have been working with the new Canadian distributor evaluating the product line and can only vouch for the products I have tried as of this point. The bodyshop range of products are EXCELLENT. In particular the glass polish is really slick stuff. The polishes work well and the metal polish works very nicely.

Autoglym can be bought in CanaDUH through www.carcaresmart.com in Vancouver if any Canucks are interested.

Lowejackson
01-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Quick review by CMA http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html