PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba Moose on Zaino

micnic
01-20-2004, 07:41 PM
I received my shipment of carnuba moose today based on the great results that I have seen from Scottwax on black paint. Anybody have experiences on putting over zaino? I use zaino now but my results are nothing close to some of the pictures I have seen. I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 sports coupe.

Scottwax
01-20-2004, 08:07 PM
I have no idea how it would work over Zaino. Usually, most people use paste carnaubas over Zaino or Klasse since pastes need less solvents which may affect the durability of sealants. I know a few here have used CMW over Poorboy`s EX (which is a sealant/carnauba blend) with good results.

Try a section and see how it works out for you. Honestly though, if you are going to use a liquid carnauba wax, it may be best to switch from Zaino to something like Meguiars Swirl Free/Vanilla Moose or Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba/EX/CMW, that way you won`t have any compatability issues.

micnic
01-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks for replying. I just spent alot of money because of the great job you did on that 98 CL500 in the picture you posted. Do I have to strip the zaino before I switch to moose? I have had some trouble of late with zaino streaking anyway (see related post of mine).

6']['9
01-20-2004, 08:48 PM
i just asked that ?on over on dc i used aio,ssr1, vm, z2, cm heres the thread i thought it came out good.

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4427

6`][`9

rstype
01-20-2004, 08:55 PM
I find the CMW solvents strong enough to remove sealant. If you`re stuck on using carnauba, I`d get rid of the sealant idea completely, and try it on top of a glaze. P21S/S100 works fantastic on black.

Or perhaps your detailing has already reached its maximum potential, and all you need is to be a photographer as good as Scott?

Just a suggestion...

Scottwax
01-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BW

Or perhaps your detailing has already reached its maximum potential, and all you need is to be a photographer as good as Scott?

:rolleyes: Or maybe some of us prefer the look of a carnauba finish over Zaino, or just like trying other combinations.

rstype
01-20-2004, 11:03 PM
:confused: the :rolleyes:?

Originally posted by Scottwax

Or maybe some of us prefer the look of a carnauba finish over Zaino, or just like trying other combinations.

Yep, that too.

Hawkeye_TDI
01-20-2004, 11:05 PM
My car is carbon black. I tried to top azaino with no visable improvemnt.

Scottwax
01-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BW

:confused: the :rolleyes:?

Sounds like you are saying my photography skills are used to artificially enhance my detailing results.

rstype
01-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Sounds like you are saying my photography skills are used to artificially enhance my detailing results.

Oops, nope.

I`m trying to make `micnic` feel less bummed out because his work (after whatever product) might just be as good as anyone elses. No, not artificially enhance, but rather use photography skills to show off results. Not a slam, but rather a compliment.

Scottwax
01-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by BW

Oops, nope.

I`m trying to make `micnic` feel less bummed out because his work (after whatever product) might just be as good as anyone elses. No, not artificially enhance, but rather use photography skills to show off results. Not a slam, but rather a compliment.

:cool: I guess I just misread your post. Old timer`s disease, I guess! ;)

You would be right that certain angles and lighting show off the shine better than others. The lighting is especially tough when trying to do before and after shots. You don`t want it to change and make the pics useless.