PDA

View Full Version : DACP vs. AIO

Pages : [1] 2

nosed_b18b
01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Ok. Are these two the same kind of product? Based from all the threads I`ve read, I`ve concluded that these two products do essentially the same thing. Both are paint cleaners, w/ mild abrasives in them. Am I right or wrong in this?

Dinzdale40
01-20-2004, 04:56 PM
DACP is a whole lot more abrasive than AIO, if AIO is abrasive at all. AIO is more of a chemical cleaner.

nosed_b18b
01-20-2004, 05:04 PM
So they are essentially, from what I gather from your statement, two entirely different kind of products? I would not be able to choose from just one or the other??? Both of those products do two entirely different things???

imported_Malachi
01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by nosed_b18b

So they are essentially, from what I gather from your statement, two entirely different kind of products? I would not be able to choose from just one or the other??? Both of those products do two entirely different things???

I hope whoever answers your question will give us some insight on the pros and cons of chemical vs mechanical cleaners. Did a web search and did not find such a post.

LouisanaJeeper
01-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Those are in a whole different ball game.

AIO is a chemical cleaner, it will remove deposits from the finish and light oxidation much like paint thinner or alcohol is used to chemically clean a surface. Pros- easily done by hand and will not cause new micro scratches. Cons- will not buff out swirls

DACP is a mechanical abrasive that will abrade away the surface layer of your paint, thus removing any oxidation and any swirls. Much like sandpaper, but in a much more gentle and controllable manner. Pros- can remove swirls and can fix more severe problems than AIO could. Cons- It needs to be applied by machine to be effective, can cause micro marring/hazing which if solved by finishing up with a less aggresive polish like a swirl mark remover.

imported_Malachi
01-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Those are in a whole different ball game.

AIO is a chemical cleaner, it will remove deposits from the finish and light oxidation much like paint thinner or alcohol is used to chemically clean a surface. Pros- easily done by hand and will not cause new micro scratches. Cons- will not buff out swirls

DACP is a mechanical abrasive that will abrade away the surface layer of your paint, thus removing any oxidation and any swirls. Much like sandpaper, but in a much more gentle and controllable manner. Pros- can remove swirls and can fix more severe problems than AIO could. Cons- It needs to be applied by machine to be effective, can cause micro marring/hazing which if solved by finishing up with a less aggresive polish like a swirl mark remover.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the lesson.:xyxthumbs

nosed_b18b
01-21-2004, 04:16 AM
I guess what I was trying to ask is that DACP is more abrasive than AIO, in terms of "cleaning"???

Accumulator
01-21-2004, 10:49 AM
nosed_b18b- Yeah, as LouisanaJeeper said, AIO is *NOT* abrasive, it cleans by chemical means instead. DACP *IS* abrasive. It cleans (primarily) by "sanding" off the top layer of paint, and anything that`s on top of it.

AIO- like cleaning your face with Noxema facial cream

DACP- like cleaning your hands with Lava soap

TraderB
01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Klasse AIO is an all in one product which means it adds a layer of protection to the surface. It is termed a non abrasive cleaner-polish-protector. With the protector being described as an acrylic layer. A three step process. DACP is a two step process. It is a cleaner and a diminishing abrasive polish. That means as it is buffed the abrasives start with strong cutting action and then break down finer and finer until it become a fine polish.

nosed_b18b
01-21-2004, 12:14 PM
So a DACP is still kind of like a multiple process product rolled into one bottle.

Gonzo
01-21-2004, 01:47 PM
DACP is only an abrasive that breaks down into finer and finer particles during use. I may contain some oils that will fill (interpret as HIDE) some smaller scratches.

AIO is a chemical cleaner which should remove all oils and/or waxes applied before it. AIO may even contain some ultra fine abrasives. It even removes itself. What it leaves behind is an acrylic base onto which SG can be applied and to which SG will adhere.

BillNorth
01-21-2004, 03:11 PM
IMPE (in my personal experience) AIO has proven itself to have some mild abrasives. Mild enough to remove hazing caused by more abrasive polishes like Finesse It 2, etc. It`s bread and butter is chemical cleaning, but don`t believe what the bottle says about it being "Non Abrasive". We all know what kind of track record the klasse people have when it comes to their own products.

JMHO,

Bill :up

imported_Intermezzo
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

IMPE (in my personal experience) AIO has proven itself to have some mild abrasives. Mild enough to remove hazing caused by more abrasive polishes like Finesse It 2, etc. It`s bread and butter is chemical cleaning, but don`t believe what the bottle says about it being "Non Abrasive". We all know what kind of track record the klasse people have when it comes to their own products.

JMHO,

Bill :up

I agree 100% with the above. IMO, AIO is very good at removing compound haze and *I* believe this is due to its mild abrasives content. Personally, I think this is a good thing because the abrasives allow it to be a very effective cleaner but at the same time are so mild that it leaves a perfectly marr-free surface.

Yeah, some of the Klasse marketing is pretty outrageous....

airjames
01-21-2004, 06:36 PM
I own both AIO and DACP. Both are great products and would not be afraid by any means to use them on cars that need them or recommend the 2 products to people. Like most of Meguiar`s polishes, paint cleaners and compounds, they all have diminishing abrasives as mentioned above by Gonzo. Meaning, as you work DACP into the finish, it breaks down it`s abrasives as the paint becomes more defect free. I`ve used DACP with a PC on speed 5 and a polishing pad with no problem! However, this is the most aggressive product I would use with a PC. Anything more abrasive, I would want to use a rotary to gain the benefit of.

AIO, like DACP is also a great product. Just don`t use too much of it like I did when I first tried it on my truck. Hard to buff off, the results weren`t that much better and the truck only looked as if it was only washed and QD`d Thinner is better with AIO. Does that rule apply to DACP?? IMO, in a sense it does but still, why waste the 2 products. Just my $.02,,,,,,91

imported_Malachi
02-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

I agree 100% with the above. IMO, AIO is very good at removing compound haze and *I* believe this is due to its mild abrasives content. Personally, I think this is a good thing because the abrasives allow it to be a very effective cleaner but at the same time are so mild that it leaves a perfectly marr-free surface.

Yeah, some of the Klasse marketing is pretty outrageous....

Is there a rule of thumb of when to use a chemical cleaner vs a mechanical cleaner?

Can you use both on single stage and clear coated paint?