PDA

View Full Version : Headlight woes!

AutoNova
01-20-2004, 02:46 PM
I have headlight woes. Need help.

Today I did the following:

Used Mothers Mags polish, then went over with blue corla plastic cleaner. Came out looking fine ok, had to tinker some more. I was not satisfied so then I used #0000 wool which seemed to make it worse?

Cleaned with Mothers Mag polish again. They looked like hell. Then I waxed them with NXT, did not work. As a final desperation attempt I sprayed them with Stoner Trim Shine, it helped immensely but is only temporary.

It appears to be just water spotting so I am not sure what to do next?

imported_kgb
01-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Waita second....You used steel wool and mag polish on plastic? I woul assume that you just scratched the Hell out of them?

I always just use a polish like Poorboy`s Professional and a Porter Cable and they come out like new.

AutoNova
01-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Don`t get me wrong I did not use the polish with the steel wool, I used them seperately but what should I have done just used one or the other?

I put the Mag on then wiped it off and polished. Later I took some foaming window cleaner and steel wool to try it again.

What PC pad works well on the headlights?

imported_kgb
01-20-2004, 04:18 PM
I use the yellow pad. I just think that steel wool would scratch the hell out of plastic...maybe i am wrong.

LouisanaJeeper
01-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Redo the process with the mag polish then the blue corral.

Lowejackson
01-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Aside from the aesthetic side of a good shine, headlights are a important safety component. A damaged lens will scatter the light or reduce the output. It does sound like the lens can be polished up. I had great success with Plexus with my PC.

AutoNova
01-20-2004, 10:16 PM
I tell ya, I put some Stoner trim Shine on them and they look great, that doesn`t mean the problem is fixed but asthetically it looks good.