PDA

View Full Version : Caught the detailing bug

cino321
01-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Well I`ve been reading this board for a month and detail city as well, and all this has happened in a month. That being said, I couldn`t be more happier. Now if only the weather clears up, I`ll be able to put this to use. This forum is one of the greatest things I`ve found online, thanks for a new hobby!

BTW, I picked up some S100 today at my local harley dealer.

EDIT: Here`s the car I will be detailing: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/466980

tnoy66
01-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi, glad you`re enjoying it here.......soon you`ll be wanting more shelf space :D

SK2003TypeS
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I think you`re going to need a bigger bucket. :p

Welcome to Autopia :wavey

GearHead_1
01-20-2004, 06:54 PM
That`s not a bad collection for only being interested a month. Just remember that if you`ve really been bitten by the detailing bug that your product purchasing habits will increase exponentially (sp?) each month. :D

cino321
01-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Yes my spending has gone up... a lot, within a few months, I hope to purchase a PC, it never really ends.

I do have 2 5 gallon buckets... I don`t wash with the 2 small ones... hehe.

I plan to go to costco soon and get so microfibers if they carry them at my local costco.

The biggest thing that`s been hurting me is the weather. It`s been below freezing and snow the past 20 days or so. The car is really dirty, can`t wait till spring.

Thanks!

-Rob

andriver
01-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Welcome Cino321. Good luck with your new products.

cino321
01-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks a lot!

Gonzo
01-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Cino, I see you have Klasse (AIO) but I didn`t see the Klasse Glaze (SG). It should give you an awesome shine on silver. Also PUPP will make it very slickery (is that it , 3rd from right on top shelf?)

imported_pugoman
01-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Hi there cino321...

If you spend another month on this forum and don`t have a PC on one of those shelves by this time next month, I`ll eat my hat!! lol

Look to the left of this post and see when I joined - mines on it`s way across the Atlantic as we speak!!

togwt
01-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Quote: Caught the detailing bug

:welcome to Autopia

~One man’s opinion / observations~

That’s good advice from gonzo with a metallic silver polymer sealant is the way to go, with PUPP for the final pop.:xyxthumbs

As you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile, hope it helps.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†(eBook Subscription) covers most facets of vehicle detailing, it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support this forum. If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

AndyC
01-22-2004, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TOGWT

Quote: Caught the detailing bug

:welcome to Autopia

~One man’s opinion / observations~

As you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile, hope it helps.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†(eBook Subscription) covers most facets of vehicle detailing, it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support this forum. If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

[B]I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE THIS "WELCOME" THREAD BY TOGWT FOR THE HALL OF FAME - IT`S THE BEST WAY TO SAY "HELLO" TO A NEW AUTOPIAN IMO. WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS ONE?

cino321
01-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks Guys. I will probably get that ebook, it`ll give me something to read while at work, hehe. I guess I`m gonna have to order some SG, which is fine by me. I`m still crossin my fingers for 40+ temps, I hate winter, especially snow, and more so, rock salt.

I`m gonna try that out, metallic silver is difficult to give that shine. The paint on my car is fairly good, just minor swirls all over, nothing some SMR shouldn`t remove.

I really want to get a chance to use that glaze. I don`t know why, but I do. That and I`d like to use the S100 too. Is there a point to though?

Here was the plan, but being that I am newbie I was going to ask on here before I actually do anything.

Wash + Clay, SMR, AIO, Glaze, PUPP, S100. Is this a little over the top, or possibly dangerous?

I may try to get some SG and do that, and the only thing that has prevented me from getting it before was that I heard there was some issues involving a haze of some sort, which scared me a little bit, since I am a newbie.

Thanks a lot guys!

BTW, what is the preffered engine degreaser around here?

Scottwax
01-23-2004, 12:19 AM
cino321-sounds like a plan! I`d wait one week between each sealant application (SG and UPP) an another week before applying S100.

BTW, forum rules dictate you post pictures when you are finished!

Scottwax
01-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah, engine degreaser....I`ve been using Greased Lightning`s Orange Blast Degreaser and have been very pleased with it. Another option is Meguiars Citri Gel. A gallon should last a good long time. It`s also great for fenderwells, raised white letters, etc, as is Orange Blast.

cino321
01-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks! If I posted pictures of my products, you know I will post pictures of the car when it`s done, hehe. Too bad it`s only 14 degrees today in NYC, It`s killing me that I can`t use my new toys because of the weather, it might be awhile before I can use them.

Thanks

-Rob