PDA

View Full Version : QEW, did a search but want more opinions

imported_mb27
01-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I have a black 350z and live in MA. The roads get covered in sand and salt all the time. So is my car. What I have been doing is bringing in the garden hose so it won`t freeze, then when it gets to be about 30 degrees out wash the car.

My question is, will QEW scratch my black paint when the car is filthy? I was thinking of putting some in a spray bottle to hit each panel first, then wipe it off.

SK2003TypeS
01-19-2004, 08:33 PM
It seems to be a judgement call. If the car is filthy, most will not use QEW to wash. I`ve done my car with a slight salt haze and have had no problems. Just take my time and have had no problems. I have the same "frozen hose" dilema.

I spray down each panel first with water and a little QEW. Then wipe down each section with a chenille wash mitt using 2 gallons of water and a shot of QEW. Two bucket method with about 3 gallons in the 2nd bucket. Dry with a 100% cotton towel because it has a lot of "nap". I haven`t tried MF or WW towels and don`t plan to.

imported_Larry A
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Last week my car was filty. I took it to a coin-op car wash to blast off the heavy dirt , then I put it in my garage and used Qew on it. Came out great , no scratches.

2wheelsx2
01-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Just count up how many people have approved it in the searches. I am pretty sure everyone who has ever tried it has posted and approved it. Just looking at the currently home page, there are already 3 threads on it.

raymond_ho2002
01-20-2004, 02:17 PM
2wheelsx2 brings up a good point.. consider how few negative reviews there are of the product. There was only one person that I could remember who said that he induced swirls by using qew, but i do not remember who it is.

I was originally very reluctant to try it and i searched everywhere that I could to find someone who had problems with it. All opinions were overwhelmingly positive, and now, my opinion adds to that positive pile.

DefBringer
01-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Last week my car was filty. I took it to a coin-op car wash to blast off the heavy dirt , then I put it in my garage and used Qew on it. Came out great , no scratches.

This is the way to go...of course, it can`t be TOO cold because even the coin-op places will be closed down. On those days, you`re pretty much up sh*t creek. :D