PDA

View Full Version : Pc And Dacp

Pages : [1] 2

jab
01-19-2004, 05:31 PM
I just spoke to a tech at Meguires that siad that dacp was not good to use with a pc becuase it did not have enough speed. Has anyone used dacp and a pc combo. If so, what speed was used, which pad and how well did it work.

Eclipse550HP
01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
#83 DACP

Meguiar`s Dual Action Cleaner/Polish, I dunno what the hell that dude is talking about. maybe I`m wrong.

grt1today
01-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I`m with Eclipse on that one!!!

Inzane
01-19-2004, 07:31 PM
I haven`t used DACP myself yet, but it says right in Meguiar`s own Professional catalog that DACP can be used by rotory, dual-action (aka random-orbital) or hand.

If they want to maintain a quality level of customer service, I really hope they are monitoring their calls. If they can`t correct these employees from making more of these kind of goofs, then they should be fired. Just my opinion.

LOTA OT
01-19-2004, 08:17 PM
I use DACP with a PC all the time. I don`t know, it might work "better" with a rotary, but it works fine with a PC. Heck, scottwax uses it by hand.

Michael

gusto
01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Has anyone used the white pad that comes w/ the 7424 in combiantion with dacp? I`ve heard both good and bad about the bad pad. Just wondering if it will leave swirls? I do plan on using #9 after dacp.

ranch4x4
01-19-2004, 09:21 PM
That white pad that came with the PC is junk for paint. It added swirls on my mother`s car.

I used DACP with Meg`s polishing pad on speed 5 and my swirls came right out.

imported_saint1958
01-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Yes, I too have been told by Meguiars reps (twice) that DACP should be used with a rotory. This was after I purchased it so I continue to use it with a PC and Mequiars Burganday cleaner pad and It works great. I even used it on a black Toyota Pickup and it cleaned great with minimun buff marks which were well covered by Klasse, I believe it simply works at its maxium capability with a direct rotory. I will continue to use it as my main cleaner.

Jesstzn
01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by gusto

Has anyone used the white pad that comes w/ the 7424 in combiantion with dacp? I`ve heard both good and bad about the bad pad. Just wondering if it will leave swirls? I do plan on using #9 after dacp.

All I have used the screw in white pad for is to put on top of a MF towel and used it for taking off product. Works well in that capacity.

imported_FLAWLESS
01-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I love everything about the Meguiar`s company and their product, but their tech support doesn`t seem to all be on the same page. I also was told by one rep not to use dacp with a pc, and another recommended it. Another told me never to use the maroon cutting pad with a pc :confused: which I`ve gotten tremendous results with. They do know their stuff to an extent, but they`re NOT autopians so some advice is definately questionable.:nixweiss

Jesstzn
01-20-2004, 09:47 AM
One Megs rep told me #9 and Scratch-X were the same but packaged for the pros and the amatures .. another told me there was different formulation ..

jab
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Why do some of you use #9 to follow DACP? I thought that DACP was to take off all of the swirls and diff staines, why would you use a less powerful product after?

Scott P
01-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Finer products increase the smoothness of a finish. Think of it like sandpaper. You start with rougher grit and keep working down to smoother grits to get the surface you area sanding perfectly smooth.

jab
01-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a good explanation. Thanks.

Accumulator
01-20-2004, 11:19 AM
There seems to be a LOT of weird/crappy advice coming from Meguiar`s cutomer service people these days :( :confused:

Mike Phillips (as in, works for Meguiar`s Mike Phillips) uses DACP by PC all the time, uses it to follow up after using it with a rotary. Hope he sees threads like this and finds out what`s going on with their reps.