PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some PI-III MG....$$$

LouisanaJeeper
01-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Just picked some of the 3M Perfect It III Machine Glaze, 32fl. oz. I was a little shocked to see the price was $30. Is this normal?

I also got some 3M Clay, 200g bar, $33. Is this normal?

It was at NAPA, btw.

imported_Greg
01-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, 3M polishes are a bit more expensive than Megs. I think I paid $26 for mine. Don`t know about the clay though.

raymond_ho2002
01-19-2004, 01:50 PM
http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry?SP=10007&SID=37991&CID=0&CUR=840&DSP=0&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0

Go there and search for clay on the 3M store. It`s currently listed as $25 with free shipping. The price seems to fluctuate wildly though; i got mine just a few days ago for $21 dollars and free shipping. On another occasion I got 3M Fine Cut Rubbing Compound for 7 dollars and free shipping, and I think i recently saw the price up at 10.

GoodnClean
01-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Its an excellent product though, you`ll like it. Don`t let it dry on the paint though or you`ll need a QD to remove it fully.

Accumulator
01-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

Its an excellent product though, you`ll like it. Don`t let it dry on the paint though or you`ll need a QD to remove it fully.

And if (big "if") you get the "MG residue that just won`t come off :mad: ", use AIO. It cleans it off better than anything else I`ve tried (and I`ve tried a LOT of different products for this..).

TortoiseAWD
01-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

And if (big "if") you get the "MG residue that just won`t come off :mad: ", use AIO. It cleans it off better than anything else I`ve tried (and I`ve tried a LOT of different products for this..). Just as an FYI, I use Hi-Temp`s Prep-Solve for this; it cuts through that stubborn MG residue very well. I`ve not tried AIO on it, but I`ll keep it in mind next time I pull out the MG (which is becoming less and less frequently now that 1Z polishes are on my shelves).

Tort