PDA

View Full Version : Waxoyl

twisterspecial
01-19-2004, 10:48 AM
When we purchased my wife’s Tahoe Z71 new in 2002, the dealer traded for it from another dealership. When the vehicle arrived, the paint was already treated with a product called Waxoyl. I was told this was a paint sealer. Now, I notice the paint has a few swirl marks in it. I called the 800 number at Waxoyl and it is no longer in service. I am trying to find out what type of product I can go over the paint with to remove/reduce the swirl marks. I have a PC 7424, and was thinking of using a something with a some abrasiveness to it (DACP, SMR, Megs #9) with a white polishing pad. I would like to leave the Waxoyl on the car, it looks real good when just washed, but I want at the same time to remove reduce the swirls. Anybody heard of this product? Any suggestions without needing to completely remove the Waxoyl to address the swirl issue?

Thanks,

Mike

Accumulator
01-19-2004, 11:04 AM
TwisterSpecial- WaxOyl is REALLY known for their wax-based UNDERCOATING/rust preventative. Any "paint sealant" is just gonna be a generic product with their name tacked on (great disappointment to my, BTW; WaxOyl is a good company that shouldn`t get involved with that sort of stuff...).

Swirls IN THE PAINT are UNDER the WaxOyl. No way to get them out without removing whatever`s on top of them. *I* would just think of it as over a year of decent appearance from the WaxOyl (a lot if it is probably just the new paint, and not really that product anyhow), now it`s time to move on to something else. There really are NOT any products out there that`re gonna give you years of protection. If the stuff REALLY lasted for years, their phone number wouldn`t be out of service, they`d have the world beating a path to their door. All just my $0.02, of course...

JustinR32
01-19-2004, 12:34 PM
http://www.waxoyl.com

Probably just a phone # change, or a branch office moving. They`re still around.

It looks like you can buy the stuff to reapply if you want to. I`d do a swirl removal and, if you like the look, buy the product and reapply it.

EDIT: Oops, poking around the site, it appears they are in Switzerland, and don`t sell to private individuals. No big deal, you would get the same appearance results from Klasse AIO/SG, or Meg`s #20, or even NuFinish (NF is pretty harsh, though).

Tom

Lowejackson
01-19-2004, 12:40 PM
The web site does not give to much information aside from the usual marketing stuff. However, if you have swirls it does not matter if you have waxoyl or anything else, it needs to go so that the problems can be fixed.

I do like the underbody stuff, a bit messy but works well.