PDA

View Full Version : NXT - cure/buff time extension experiences?

imported_memnuts
01-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Have any of the pre-testers of NXT allowed the unbuffed NXT to remain on the surface for an extended amount of time. I sometimes like to allow sealants like Zaino, EX, UPP to remain unbuffed overnight and sometimes up to 24 hrs. Garaged of course. :)

Any testing done?

Any problems ( i.e. streaking, increased buffing effort, etc)

Any benefits ( increased wetness, depth, clarity)?

I will be doing these procedures when I receive my NXT tomorrow. Just looking for an heads up. :cool:

Dinzdale40
01-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I left a portion for 12 hours and it wiped right off like normal. I wouldn`t say it added any visual difference at all. I did notice the same thing Scottwax did, how the slickness increases after a couple hours. I am going to apply one more coat tonight....

Scottwax
01-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Dinsdale-I only left NXT on for about 15 minutes, then wiped off. It was a few hours later after removing the excess that I noticed the marked improvement in slickness and slight appearance improvement.

Dinzdale40
01-18-2004, 04:53 PM
I left some on for only 5-10 minutes, some for nearly 20 minutes, and one section over night(12 hours). They all buffed off about the same. The 5-10 minute section wax the easiest but you could tell it was nearly streaking cause it was still a little wet.

JoshABI
01-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I left mine on for an hour or so while I cleaned out the inside of the car. I thought about waiting longer, but I was impatient to see the result. The car was left inside for the remainder of the night just in case I wanted to try out a second coat the next morning, but I never got around to that.

I do have to wholeheartedly agree with the other reviews here...my jaw dropped when I walked back into the garage the next morning. It`s not unusual for some waxes to take a day to bloom, but the change was really dramatic. The car looked 10X better than when I left it the night before. The slickness was also greatly increased.

rstype
01-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Hmm, I`ve left it on for 15 minutes to 3 hours.

It felt harder and slicker when I wiped it off after fifteen minutes. I think it`s because some of the oils may have evaporated after the three hours. Buffing effort seemed the same... I think it was easier after the 3 hours wait. They both look nice.

imported_memnuts
01-20-2004, 11:54 AM
I tested leaving on from 30,60 and 120 mins last night. No significant change in results or effort in buffing.

Initial impression a on pristine non-metallic clearcoated black.. excellent :xyxthumbs