PDA

View Full Version : How would this combo work out:

MetalSludge
01-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I am thinking of one of these combo`s to use on my vehicle come spring. Was wandering what you think is a better one or anything you might change to them:

1. Klasse AIO

Vanilla Moose

EX x2

Carnuba Moose Wax x2

Clearkote Quik Shine to keep the pop

2. Klasse AIO

Vanilla Moose

UPP x2

Carnuba Moose Wax

Clearkote Quik Shine to keep the pop

3. Klasse AIO

UPP x3

P21S every 2 weeks

One Grand ShowOff to keep the pop

imported_Greg
01-17-2004, 03:56 PM
I think any of those will work just fine. I don`t like EX or UPP that much, but many do so I think either one of those is ok and I personally would top with S100/P21S because it has less solvents in it than CMW and won`t deteriorate your oiled up sealants as much. I like Clearkote Quickshine, but I like Megs. Final Detail better- cheaper, slicker, available locally and over a carnauba it looks fantastic. If you have any swirls, you will obviously need a polish before AIO to remove those. Good Luck.

MetalSludge
01-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Oiled up sealents?? What do you mean by that?

What sealent would you reccomend?

imported_Greg
01-17-2004, 09:20 PM
EX and UPP are loaded with oils. They make the surface look good, but in reality, they don`t last as long as a true sealant like Klasse or Zaino or MPPP. I only got visible protection- read beading and slickness- from EX about 1 month, and UPP about 2 months. I think EX looks good, but I think S100 or Souveran looks better for the same durability. I had a bad experience with UPP- it streaked like crazy on my nonclearcoated paint, but everyone else who has used it, said that it works great. I think nonclearcoated paints are real fickle when it comes to oil content. If durability and protection are important to you, I would recommend Klasse or Zaino or MPPP.

If you are willing to wax your car/truck all the time, I would recommend VM and S100 because I think it is very easy to use and looks really great. Then you can read all about topping Zaino and SG with a carnauba or glaze. A lot of people prefer the wet look of a high oil content product as opposed to the more plastic like shine of a sealant.

In my opinion, darker colored cars benefit from carnauba and oil rich products, while lighter colored cars look fantastic with a sealant plastic like shine because these colors will never look deep and wet.

MetalSludge
01-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Well actually in the summer I am not so much concerned with protection as I am getting the pop and stuff from like a carnuba but it in the winter I think I will be using Klasse AIO/SG because from about the end of november till midle of march detailing pretty much becomes impossible.

imported_Greg
01-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Try topping your AIO/SG with a S100, probably one of the most popular choices around here.