PDA

View Full Version : My First NXT Impressions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NozeBleedSpeed
01-17-2004, 01:26 PM
This is not intended as an indepth test or review of NXT. Just something for you to kill time reading. I got all 4 of the NXT products this week. This morning I cleaned my truck using the products I normally use, then moved onto my wife`s 99` Blazer. Its a sage silver(pewter,or as I refer to it Chevy Mud)with a light gray interior. This is a grocery store gladiator that is parked outside 24/7. It is maintained, but not with zeal. Good condition with the occasional scratch.This was my test subject.

I am a self confessed Meguiar`s fan. This may possibly bias my subjectivity to some degree. Its only my opinion.

:up NXT Tech Wash- Its a purple gel concentrate. Very pleasant smell of plums and california fruit. Abundance of suds and leaves the water slick. I washed with a lambs wool mitt. The wash seems to "hang" on the surface and wisks away road film but rinses off very easily. This is very good wash. Among the best Ive used.

NXT Tech Wax-Comes with a cool purple and green Megs foam applicator. The wax goes on very easy and easy to control. Smells great. It took about 20 mins to apply to the entire truck so I started removing with a 24X24 Pak MF, immediately after applying. It came off very easy with hardly any dust. It does fill light swirls and diminish scratches. Very good shine. Good wax if you want to drive to Autozone and get one off of the shelf for 15 bucks, but I`ll stick to Pinnacle or Klasse when I want to make an impression. I`ll have to wait and wonder about the durability.

NXT Tech Protectant- I applied this with a foam applicator over a slight buildup of my favorite tire dressing, Clearkote Vinyl/Rubber. It was very easy to apply this clear thick liquid and it left a very black tire with a medium shine. There certainly had to be some influence from the Clearkote so its hard to judge it alone on these tires. Next I used a fresh foam to apply it to the dash, let sit for 10 and then removed with a MF. It has a fairly matte finish with slight sheen and left a very slight blotchyness thats hard to see. Its not as good as 303 or even #40 on the interior. It may be a good tire dressing though.

NXT Tech Spray Wax- I applied it to one quarter panel and half of the hood because it had only been one hour since waxing. This stuff reminds me of EO Wax-As-U-Dry. Its a thick white liquid.Somewhat difficult to spread and takes a little work to get even. Final buffing left a good shine and looked exactly like the untreated area. No real opinion on this yet but I certainly prefer FD or QS as a detailer.

All in all. Good products. I have better on my shelves of each except the wash. I really like the wash the most out of the NXT line. In my opinion, its a good consumer level line, but not enthusiast worthy. It appears the anticipation exceeded the product.

DantePasquale
01-17-2004, 01:38 PM
When I got the products yesterday, I could not wait. So, I washed half the hood of my J30t which I fully detailed 2 weeks ago (IP,FP, AIO and Souveran). Did not try the NXT tech wash yet. I did apply the NXT wax, waited 20 minutes and removed with MF. It came off ok, nice shine and slickness, no better and no worse than Souveran. As you said, we will have to wait to determine durability.

imported_BilltheCat
01-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I thought this wax was supposed to be like Zaino, in that it was to be a poly shell covering?

sounds like just a good carnauba with some poly added so far!

I think some pics are needed please!

cerdas
01-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Have either of you noticed if the wax or spray wax stains plastic trim?

imported_elortt
01-17-2004, 02:11 PM
I may be wrong but didn`t Mike say that this is a consumer level product. I do not believe it was marketed as professional grade product. it seems that alot of pro`s had a misconception. I would think it may be something to take place of crystal system?

Eric

VetteToVair
01-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Great wax if you want to drive to Autozone and get one off of the shelf for 15 bucks, but I`ll stick to Pinnacle, CMW or EX when I want to make an impression.

How did NXT compare to these other products? In what way did you feel they outperformed NXT?

bimmerzhp
01-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I too received my NXT yesterday. My car has been sitting covered in the garage for a month so I did not have to wash it before I applied the NXT. The car is brand new (1000 miles) and the paint has no flaws and is silver grey. Currently there are 4 coats of Z-2 and multiple coats of s100 and s100 detail+wax. I applied the NXT in circular motions as per Meguiars with the supplied applicator and let stand for 15 minutes. Application was easy and removal was also easy. I did not notice much of a difference in appearance after I removed it. Surface was very slick but not any different from when I use s100 detail+wax; which I feel is an excellent product. I was not that impressed with the results. I was expecting more but I guess the paint is already in excellent condition. I will try it on my daily driven SUV and post before and after photos. The SUV I will do with a random orbital as opposed to hand on the Bimmer. The only problem is that weather in NY is terrible and we are expecting snow again tomorrow night. I think the truck will be a great test for NXT.

Pats300zx
01-17-2004, 02:24 PM
NozeBleedSpeed...

Nice writeup :up

Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

NozeBleedSpeed
01-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by elortt

I may be wrong but didn`t Mike say that this is a consumer level product. I do not believe it was marketed as professional grade product. it seems that alot of pro`s had a misconception. I would think it may be something to take place of crystal system?

Eric

Yeah, thats why I say its a good line for the consumer market. Its just not on par with the products that enthusiasts normally use. Dont get me wrong, its pretty good stuff. I just dont think that Klasse needs to worry about designing a new product format.

bimmerzhp
01-17-2004, 02:31 PM
I forgot that an hour or so later I applied the detail spray of NXT. I did not like it. I think that the s100 detail+wax is a superior product. The s100 goes on easier and comes off easier. I felt that after using the NXT detail wax that the surface was not as slick. Any body else notice this? It dreid quick on my hood so spreading the product around was not that easy. In NXT`s defense it was 10 below zero and maybe 50 degrees in my garage so maybe this could be an issue. Never had this problem with s100 detail+wax. The NXT does smell a hell of a lot better than the s100. I am not really knocking NXT. I think is is a good product but not any better than s100. I probably will not use it again on my Bimmer. I will save the true test for the truck. Duability will be the main area I am concerned about, since the truck is kept outside. If duabiltiy is poor, NXT will go on my self of shame.

NozeBleedSpeed
01-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by stanger99

How did NXT compare to these other products? In what way did you feel they outperformed NXT?

In my opinion, the NXT has good reflection but the others all have good reflection too and much better jetting. That could be due to oil content though and I prefer deep jetting over surface bling. Maybe its also lack of confidence in it, but I did start with high hopes.I cant compare durability yet.

Maybe my expectations were too high. NXT is not any kind of revolutionary product. I know Ill probably be keelhauled here for being the first to say Im not impressed after using it, but its my honest opinion. I wont be putting this stuff on a paying customers car. I have better to offer them.

Wasatch
01-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks NozeBleedSpeed for the feedback/review.

jmsc
01-17-2004, 03:25 PM
of the NXT line...and all this hype!

I ordered my NXT but I have yet to receive it.

Thanks NozeBleed for the honest opinion.

This is disappointing.

NozeBleedSpeed
01-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I appreciate the support so far guys. I really was expecting to get shredded over this post before now. Please dont let my opinion skew your objectivity or discourage you from using it. Try it for yourself and see what you think. Im certainly no authority on products and Im not bashing it. I just dont think its going to change my detailing practices. My neighbor may love this stuff.

MSOsr
01-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I got my NXT Tech wax last night.

Woke up this morning and it was misting rain. When it stopped, I washed the car and dried it. It misted rain again.

When it stopped, I dried the car again and applied NXT by hand. Smelled nice/went on nicely and came off evenly. However, I really don`t know about the shine, because it is overcast. I did take a couple of pictures though.