PDA

View Full Version : NXT on a Gray Mach 1

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 03:54 PM
tried NXT on 1 side of the Mach 1. This was in a cool garage (45 ish) and the Mach has Souveran as a base wax.

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 03:57 PM
here`s another shot. Did not use flash and reduced a high res shot.

Horseman2475
01-16-2004, 03:58 PM
That looks outstanding. How easy was it to put on and take off? Did you wait for it to haze?

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 03:59 PM
easy to apply...I did let it haze dry about 10 minutes. Not too sure of the hazing in this cool weather though.

Horseman2475
01-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I noticed that you said it is over Souveran. I have 2 16oz bottles of the new improved Liquid Souveran that I never used. I would sell the 2 bottles for $25 plus ship. They sell for $19.95 each on websites.

BillNorth
01-16-2004, 04:30 PM
No doubt, the reflection looks very nice. But could you also post a pic of your whole car if possible? In general it`s really hard to appreciate how a product looks on a vehicle, and in particular a paint colour, when the photo is taken at such a close distance/obscure angle.

Bill :up :)

imported_ajbarnes
01-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Great shine. Let`s see a full pic.:xyxthumbs

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 04:37 PM
will do...first decent day that I can pull it out of the garage (supposed to quit raining here in Toto Land by the end of the weekend). I`ll probably do the entire car this weekend, then pull it outside Mon-Tues.

Overall, it appears to give a definite improvement in the mirror appearance over the Souveran...kinda tough to evaluate myself.

Scottwax
01-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ajbarnes

Great shine. Let`s see a full pic.:xyxthumbs

Definitely! :p

imported_killerjg
01-16-2004, 05:42 PM
How does it feel? If you wash it by chance, post wash feel as well.

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Likecars: one thing I did notice is the wax does not feel greasy. Smooth, yes but not that greasy feeling. I kinda use a finger smudge guage for that. If I lightly run my finger over the surface that leaves a noticeable smudge...that`s greasy. NXT does not do that.

Scottwax: I am humbled!

I`m going to try NXT on my bride`s car this weekend. Her 96 Pathfinder has a "good" finish...still has some surface scratches. That will be the test. I`ll try to get some before-n-after of those.

imported_memnuts
01-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Looks Great!!! Can`t wait to get order on Monday and try out on one of my hibernated vehicles. :bounce

How is the depth compared to Souveran alone? Does it forfill the claim of darkening the color? Do you have any exprience with UPP, BF or Zaino? Please compare texture to these products, slickness, any smearing or staining of finish, dust production, apparent cleaning effects ( applicator became discolored ) and advertised wet appearance.

TIA

imported_Totoland Mach
01-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Looks Great!!! Can`t wait to get order on Monday and try out on one of my hibernated vehicles. :bounce

How is the depth compared to Souveran alone?

Answer: It seems to enhance Souveran`s depth. Definitely increases the mirror appearance.

Does it forfill the claim of darkening the color?

Answer: That`s a toughie on the Mach`s Dark Shadow Gray. There`s a lot of metallic in this color. I`ll get a better comparison on the wife`s brown pearl Pathfinder this weekend.

Do you have any exprience with UPP, BF or Zaino?

Answer: Zaino. But I changed to Pinnacle products which IMO are much easier to apply and buff.

Please compare texture to these products, slickness, any smearing or staining of finish, dust production, apparent cleaning effects ( applicator became discolored ) and advertised wet appearance.

Answer: The finish probably needs to cure overnight. There is no smearing after buffing though (again, my gauge is a finger trail like I`ve seen with some QD`s).

The applicator is not good though..nice foam on the application side and another foam with their logo which is thin on the hand side.

It definitely has a wet appearance.

All-in-all, it appears to be a great product. The Pathfinder I`m going to do this weekend will be a much better test as the Mach is in Garage Queen status till Spring.

TIA

imported_memnuts
01-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks TotoLandMach,

"It seems to enhance Souveran`s depth. Definitely increases the mirror appearance."

Can not wait to try!!!!

AutoNova
01-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I assume that NXt xan be put on top of SG since they are both polymer blend waxes?