PDA

View Full Version : Teflon

taxidriver
01-16-2004, 07:56 AM
HI guys.

teflon paint treatment,is it it any good,or is it just " LOT OF ********":confused:

rstype
01-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Try this: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29473

togwt
01-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Quote: teflon paint treatment,is it it any good,or is it just " LOT OF ********"

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Teflon Â:

A synthetic polymer formula produced by Du Pont Chemicals, they state;†The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of any car wax, we have no data that indicates the use of Teflon to be beneficial in car waxesâ€. Also Teflon requires a temperature of 600oF to enable cross-linking (bonding) to a surface.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

taxidriver
01-16-2004, 08:26 AM
THANX, NO TEFLON ON MY CAR THEN ; )

SVR
01-17-2004, 04:02 AM
Many household grade car products now have teflon listed on the bottle.

If anyone is trying to get you to have a teflon treatment done on your car saying it will improve the lustre of your car`s paint. DON`T BELIEVE THEM

I have two products with teflon in them or Du Pont XONYL as it`s known in the trade

All it does is make the paint bloody smooth. That`s it. That`s why my malco pro flash wax with liquid carnuba wax and xonyl makes my car`s paint so slippery.

The other product i have with teflon is omikron bodyguard. The older version of bodyseal. The other ingredients do the flashy work, the teflon is just a smoothness enhancer

The new bodyseal is totally different. It`s pink colored, not white , is caring for your paint as it`s really soft and no where near as abrasive as the bodyguard

It`s not really neccessary to use products with teflon but i found out after buying the malco pro stuff that it had teflon in it.

Oh well i don`t care - it`s good ****

MetalSludge
01-17-2004, 09:31 AM
When I just got my new truck they were pushing this teflon thing real hard. I had to finally tell them if you mention it one more time the deal is off. Why would I pay you and outragiuos amount of money for something when I wax it about 1 time a week anyway.

The spill he was giving sounded to good to be true and from reading here it seems i made a wise choice and left it go.