PDA

View Full Version : I just wondered......

tnoy66
01-14-2004, 06:35 PM
I was wondering what ratio of car wash per water you all use, number of oz`s per gallon or millilitres per litre???

Do you follow what it says on the bottle or just drop some in a bucket ???

At the moment I`m using the sonax which says 50ml in 10 litres, which is only 10 washes per bottle. In my pre-autopian days it was a bucket of water and a squirt of Autoglym shampoo and a bigger squirt if car was really dirty :D

Everyone that uses QEW seems to measure that out but no one says how much normal wash they use :nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
01-14-2004, 06:40 PM
I just pour some in the bucket. If its too little, I pour in a little more and add water.

Adding too much is almost impossible unless the shampoo bottle slips out of your hand and into the bucket.

Jngrbrdman
01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
I just dump it in. I don`t measure or anything really. I don`t think even an Autopian can be that anal about using car wash. Unless it was 50 bucks for a 32 ounce bottle or something, then I would just pour some in and add more if its not enough. Soap is cheap and there really isn`t much purpose in rationing or measuring it.

imported_jgv
01-14-2004, 07:01 PM
I only measure QEW. About shampoo, as i use 1Z shampoo, with its bottle measuring the right amount is part of the process.

K_Csaxo
01-14-2004, 07:36 PM
i just throw some into the bucket and see how well it suds up. as long as i hose down the entire car first before any scrubbing begins im happy.

imported_mirrorfinishman
01-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by tnoy66

Do you follow what it says on the bottle or just drop some in a bucket ???

tnoy66,

In most cases I always use less than what it says on the bottle. I like less suds. I really only want to make the water slippery. That`s all.

AndyC
01-15-2004, 04:11 AM
I usually follow the advice on the bottle the first time and then use less than 1/2 that the second time! The more you use the more you buy etc.....

Sonax seems really slippery IMO so I generally use a capful in a 3 gallon bucket if that`s any help (although of course our water down south`s a lot "softer" hehe)

Mothers CG shampoo slipperier(?) still and I`d rate Megs GC somewhere in the middle.

Jeez, what a scientific method....

Scott P
01-15-2004, 08:06 AM
I measure out QEW with one of those little shot glass measuring cups from the kitchen store. Regular car wash just gets a small puddle at the bottom of my bucket.

Scottwax
01-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Like the others, QEW is the only one I measure out. It is the one car wash product that actually works using the recommended amount. Regular car wash soaps tend to quickly run out of suds if you use the 1-2 ounces they suggest using.