PDA

View Full Version : Wax after Zaino?

MattB
01-14-2004, 04:48 PM
This is probably a really dumb question, but I`m new to using Zaino and from what I understand it`s a polish, not a wax. To protect my car should I put a coat of Meguiar`s or Zymol or some other wax over top as a protectant or will Zaino protect as well as shine the finish?

LouisanaJeeper
01-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Ah, the tricky name of Zaino "polish" as it says on the bottle. Actually is not really a polish (does not polish or abrade the finish) or a wax (does not contain natural waxes). Zaino is what we call a sealant. It is basically a very durable synthetic wax that will shine and protect the finish. (no wax necessary)

However, I would recommend a real polish (abrasive) (like a swirl mark remover or polishing compund) before applying the Zaino to prepare the surface.

MattB
01-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. The sides and trunk of my car are covered in swirls since I don`t think it`s ever had a heavy detail done on it, just crappy automatic car washes (I`ve washed and waxed it soley by hand except for the winter months in the year I`ve owned it though, so the paint is in "excellent" shape according to several body shops I took it too for paintless dent removal estimates). I just want to make the car look showroom new and preserve the paint as best I can. Would the Meguiar`s Deep Crystal System paint cleaner be a good product to use or is there something better (I did a search and didn`t really come up with much)? And what about glazes? Is this something I can put on by hand after the clay bar and paint cleaner and before the Zaino to fill in scratches?

imported_BretFraz
01-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Matt,

If you`re gonna use Zaino for the first time you should read this:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23601&highlight=zaino+tips

As for how to remove swirls, well, most of this website is dedicated to that or the pursuit of that. If you click on the "Learn!" pic icon at the top of the page you will find many educational articles, like this one: http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=15

MattB
01-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks. That really helps.