PDA

View Full Version : Klasse with carnuba wax as topper

Pages : [1] 2

jab
01-14-2004, 02:15 PM
If Klasse is used 3 layers 24 hr between layers, what is the best methode to use. To use a carnuba to top it off, or to use klasse every month to follow.

imported_jgv
01-14-2004, 02:26 PM
I`ve toped it with UPP tho some use carnuba and others leave it alone. Guess it also depends on the car color.

jab
01-14-2004, 02:28 PM
What about giving a carnuba layer and waiting 1 month than another layer of klasse. Doesnt carnuba only lasts one to two weeks?

imported_jgv
01-14-2004, 02:31 PM
If you top it with a carnuba you must stick with it. The only way to use SG again is strip everything w/ AIO as SG doesn`t bond to carnuba waxes.

andriver
01-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Once I am done layering SG, I apply S100 every other car wash. That is, until I am ready to detail it again.

togwt
01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Quote: What about giving a carnuba layer and waiting 1 month than another layer of klasse. Doesnt carnuba only lasts one to two weeks?

~One man’s opinion / observations~

It evaporates over time (dependant upon ambient temperatures), which limits its durability. As a general rule-of-thumb: 50% after 30 days, 75% is gone after 60 days and after 90 days it should be reapplied.

But as the other posts state, you cannot layer synthetic over Carnauaba wax

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

jab
01-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Doesnt carnuba break down after a while. Wouldnt it be ok to layer again with klasse after a certain period of time has gone by?

getfit74
01-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Yes, it does break down and pretty quickly by todays standards. Chances are you would be fine but to be safe you should go with another application of AIO just to insure that classic Klasse finish and long lasing protection. AIO is so easy to apply and remove it doesnt make sense not to in my mind.

jab
01-14-2004, 03:15 PM
This would mean that i would have to reaply all three layers again. My main deal was to see if i could put a layer of klasse without having to strip all the other layers off. I wanted to use caruba wax then wait about 1 to 2 months than reaply one layer of klasse and top off again with carnuba.

raymond_ho2002
01-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Considering that wax is dissolved in solvents and contain many different products in them, my guess is that not all the elements of the carnauba wax will break down and evaporate at the same rate. Although you might lose a good amount of wax over time, you might still have some sludging left over that could possibly interfere with the bonding of SG.

andriver
01-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by jab

This would mean that i would have to reaply all three layers again. My main deal was to see if i could put a layer of klasse without having to strip all the other layers off. I wanted to use caruba wax then wait about 1 to 2 months than reaply one layer of klasse and top off again with carnuba.

Why not skip the carnuba altogether and apply SG monthly. You will have the durability you are looking for.

jab
01-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Skipping carnuba sound good, but i love the depth of the paint when i use it.

imported_jgv
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Then follow the UPP route. You can top it with SG when you want.

jab
01-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Forgive me, but what is the upp route.

imported_jgv
01-14-2004, 04:00 PM
http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostulpapr.html

It has the look of a good carnuba wax and is compatible with sg.