PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decision - AIO/SG/UPP or CK VM/CW

jsoto
01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro/Cons

CK stuff can be used in the sun.

AIO/SG/UPP - longevity factor.

Is the depth of AIO/SG/UPP almost as good as VM/CW on a properly prepped surface.

raymond_ho2002
01-14-2004, 01:27 PM
If you`re willing to do more frequent applications, I`d say that CK is the way to go. CK wipes on and off much easier.. I`ve found the SG starts welding to the paint the instant i wipe it on, despite attempting wipe-on/wipe-off. :( DavidB i think was the one that initially suggested making a 75% solution of SG in sonus spray. However, other people have been mentioning that KSG contains no water, and that the addition of a water based qd such as sonus might possibly interfere with curing.

andriver
01-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I agree with Raymond. If you are looking for longevity go with AIO combo. If you are looking for shine go with CK products. I use both products on different vehicles.

Scottwax
01-14-2004, 08:53 PM
I agree also. I don`t think there is an easier way to get a deep wet look than to use Clearkote`s VM/CMW combo. Decent durability for not being a sealant (about 3 months in the Dallas area). AIO + UPP is a very reflective combination with decent `wetness` for a sealant combo. Not as deep as VM/CMW, but more reflective and it should be more durable.

It depends on what is most important to you.

VM/CMW-extremely user friendly, deep wet look, usual carnauba durability

AIO/SG/UPP-more durable, very slick and shiny, not as easy to use (still not hard though).

rstype
01-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by jsoto

Pro/Cons

CK stuff can be used in the sun.

AIO/SG/UPP - longevity factor.

Is the depth of AIO/SG/UPP almost as good as VM/CW on a properly prepped surface.

Between the two products, I think you`ll be pleasantly surprised how similar they look. It`s not always a carnauba for shine, sealant for durability scenario... IMO, AIO/SG/UPP is better for both cases.

Looks are subjective, but I`m a sucker for slickness.