PDA

View Full Version : Swirls/Scratches Removal for Dummies

ptim
01-13-2004, 07:21 AM
I have White 2004 Mustang, is there product that easy to use to get rid of fine scratches. I dont want to use a buffer, I prefer to clean and wax my car by hand. :nixweiss

Gonzo
01-13-2004, 07:41 AM
See this thread. You have your work cut out for you as white is about as hard a paint as you will ever see (unless of course it is Oxfor White, which should be clear coated)

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=39

togwt
01-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Quote: Swirls/Scratches Removal for Dummies

~One man’s opinion / observations~

You might try Meguiar’s Scratch X (a fine scratch/swirl mark remover made for ‘hand’ application)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

ptim
01-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Yes, I do have a Oxford White Mustang. Will that make it easier to clean?

imported_COBRyan
01-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Try some Meguiars Swirl Free Polish or #9 SR. You can use them by hand with good results.

Quik89si
01-13-2004, 09:48 PM
White cars will not show defects nearly as much as a darker colored car will.

Now this doesn`t mean it`s going to be easier to clean - for instance, my fiancee`s 03 Tiburon is white...the last time I detailed it, there was so much junk embedded in the paint that I spent about 2 hours going over the whole thing with a clay bar, getting all the contaminants out of the paint. However, after that was done, I simply waxed the car and called it a day. You couldn`t get away with that on a black car - you`d still have all the swirls and fine scratches left to take care of.

I have also been wanting to try Meg`s SFP...but nobody local carries it, and the one place I found it online must be out of stock - the item is listed, but there`s no price for it or any "buy it now" option. Oh well.

Alex

JayJayPG
01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
NAPA carries basically every Meguiar`s product except DACP