PDA

View Full Version : Dry cleaning a car??

bsharke
01-12-2004, 11:27 AM
I have a 2003 Black Honda EX 4-dr and live in area where washing is not possible in winter. When I do get it cleaned and there is some moderate road stains is it possible to wipe the car down dry with Microweave waffle cloths without harming the paint. Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

AndyC
01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Although I haven`t used it personally, check out any QEW thread - that`s your answer I think.

bsharke
01-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention I cannot wet wash a car in my garage due to carpeting and no floor drain. Just exactly does QEW stand for. I`m a newbie.

AndyC
01-12-2004, 11:42 AM
You may want the view of an experienced QEW user here.

If you use the Search function and type QEW you`ll get plenty of info but I couldn`t say whether you can use it in a carpeted garage as you do use water, albeit in much smaller quantity than conventional washing.

BTW It stands for

Quick &

Easy

Wash

imported_kgb
01-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I think the best thing to do in your situation is use a microfiber towel and some Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe. I am sort of the same boat. I would go take your car to a spray wash first to get a lot of the main dirt off.

medic159
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
DO NOT WIPE A DIRTY CAR WITH ANY TOWEL! Even of you are using QD sprays. All you will do is grind the dirt into the finish, it doesn`t matter how soft the towel is. I`d rather leave my car dirty than attempt that. You need to find a way to wash it, aren`t there any do it yourself spray washes nearby?

bsharke
01-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi Guys.....really appreciate all your feedback this really is a great site for information. Leo I love that car. Could you reply on what you use to put that finish or your beautiful car.

Thanks

Bill

medic159
01-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bsharke

Hi Guys.....really appreciate all your feedback this really is a great site for information. Leo I love that car. Could you reply on what you use to put that finish or your beautiful car.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks! I think when most of those shots were taken "Moose" had about 15 to 20 layers of Z2 on him. During the summer he gets a coat every other week.

imported_Larry A
01-12-2004, 11:33 PM
You will have to go to a coin-op car wash . QEW workes great, but you will use a gallon of water and that will get your floor wet.