PDA

View Full Version : detailing bag

derekz
01-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi

Been visiting this site since last year and have always kept my car clean. It`s just recently that the bug has started to bite and I`m now trying to do it properly.

I decided to put together a detail bag that I thought I`d share with you all. It`s actually a tool bag which I picked up half price last week at Halfords (£7.50!!). It keeps the contents upright so no spillage, and it`s easy to clean.

Why the bag? Well I live in an apartment complex and don`t have water in the car park, so I have to detail my car at the family home. The bag contains everything I think I`ll use most often. It`s a lot easier then my previous method of stuffing products into a plastic bag and then arriving at the family home only to find I forgot something.

Contents include:

Meg`s Final Inspection

Meg`s Quik Detail

Meg`s Quik Wax

Meg`s Hi-Tech Wash

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Autoglym Fast Glass

Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing

Applicators

Terry Towels

MF

Meg`s Sheepskin wash mitt

http://zorn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bag1.jpg

http://zorn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bag2.jpg

http://zorn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bag3.jpg

Bottle_Fed_Vett
01-11-2004, 05:40 PM
:xyxthumbs might have to make a trip to wally world and see what they got!

imported_Malachi
01-12-2004, 01:07 AM
That looks like a nice set up.

What is the practical difference between "Final Inspection" and the "Quik Detailer"?

ULUA.LAWAIA
01-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Malachi

What is the practical difference between "Final Inspection" and the "Quik Detailer"?

I believe Quik Detailer contains silicone and Final Inspection doesn`t.

AndyC
01-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Derek,

Nice setup (and a lot cheaper than Megs detailing bag!)

I`m still using a couple og plastic crates for my stuff, oh and 3 sealable crates for MF`s, pads etc. Plus a tool tray for washmitts, brushes etc and about to get a proper case for the PC.

It`s all in the cupboard under my stairs - good job GF loves me.....

Garage is next project!

Mr Concours
01-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Wish Id known about the bag before I bought Autoglyms version at least like you I got it for half price (Halfords) didnt really want half the stuff that came with it but I can always use it on the wifes car!

imported_Malachi
01-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Cindy H

I believe Quik Detailer contains silicone and Final Inspection doesn`t.

Thanks Cindy H. Would you mind telling me what the silicone does or does not do for the car?

ULUA.LAWAIA
01-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Silicone is present in many, many products. But generally you don`t want it on your paint because it can get left behind and leave streaks the next time you wash and wax your car.

I don`t think people have had a problem with Quik Detailer, but Final Inspection is just that little bit more desirable for this reason.

imported_Malachi
01-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Cindy H

Silicone is present in many, many products. But generally you don`t want it on your paint because it can get left behind and leave streaks the next time you wash and wax your car.

I don`t think people have had a problem with Quik Detailer, but Final Inspection is just that little bit more desirable for this reason.

Thank you:xyxthumbs

imported_neoflex
01-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Final Inspection is pretty scarce around these parts and I have been using the Quick Detailer for years with little to no streaking. Its pretty much the only QD I have had luck with. Although I ahve to be honest and say I have never tried Final Inspection...

derekz
01-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks Andy. I`ve got a few other products as well that are stashed in cardboard box in a kitchen cupboard. Mainly stuff I don`t like anymore which I`ll use on my parent`s car. :D

Originally posted by AndyC

Derek,

Nice setup (and a lot cheaper than Megs detailing bag!)

I`m still using a couple og plastic crates for my stuff, oh and 3 sealable crates for MF`s, pads etc. Plus a tool tray for washmitts, brushes etc and about to get a proper case for the PC.

It`s all in the cupboard under my stairs - good job GF loves me.....

Garage is next project!

derekz
01-12-2004, 02:28 PM
You could also try eBaying the stuff you don`t want. I know someone who bought some cheapo windscreen wipes from Poundland. Ended up selling them on eBay for more then twice the original amount!

Originally posted by Mr Concours

Wish Id known about the bag before I bought Autoglyms version at least like you I got it for half price (Halfords) didnt really want half the stuff that came with it but I can always use it on the wifes car!

imported_Malachi
01-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by neoflex

Final Inspection is pretty scarce around these parts and I have been using the Quick Detailer for years with little to no streaking. Its pretty much the only QD I have had luck with. Although I ahve to be honest and say I have never tried Final Inspection...

I have used Mother`s QD and I like Mequiar`s better.