PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna and AIO

ZaneO
01-11-2004, 12:21 PM
On a pretty heavily oxidized car, do you recommend using the Menzerna or the AIO first?

What is the most effective way of applying the AIO?

Thanks.

DantePasquale
01-11-2004, 12:48 PM
I used the IP first, followed with FP, then AIO (all applied with PC). Then follow that with wax/SG/your choice.

BlueDragonZ
01-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

On a pretty heavily oxidized car, do you recommend using the Menzerna or the AIO first?

What is the most effective way of applying the AIO?

Thanks.

I`m assuming you`re referring to the 1Z paint polish. I actually used this on a 99 Sentra that had major oxidation and scratches. I applied two coats of 1Z in one day let it sit overnight then applied AIO the next day. I applied both products by hand. This was my first time using AIO and I did one section at a time. I used a terry applicator pad, sprayed it with QD first then the AIO. After applying the AIO into a panel I immediately buffed of with MF-CBT with great results. :xyxthumbs

imported_jgv
01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
I`m assuming you`re referring to the 1Z paint polish. I actually used this on a 99 Sentra that had major oxidation and scratches. I applied two coats of 1Z in one day let it sit overnight then applied AIO the next day. I applied both products by hand. This was my first time using AIO and I did one section at a time. I used a terry applicator pad, sprayed it with QD first then the AIO. After applying the AIO into a panel I immediately buffed of with MF-CBT with great results.

Menzerna products mentioned are polishes, so is the 1Z Paint Polish. Meaning they must be worked on the paint, either by hand, RO or rotary and then wipe off the remaining residues. They are not something you put coats of and let rest on the surface, in fact, it may cause damage to the paint if letting dry on it.

BlueDragonZ
01-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Menzerna products mentioned are polishes, so is the 1Z Paint Polish. Meaning they must be worked on the paint, either by hand, RO or rotary and then wipe off the remaining residues. They are not something you put coats of and let rest on the surface, in fact, it may cause damage to the paint if letting dry on it.

I guess I should have just said that I applied two application of 1z in one day then followed it with AIO the next day. I did the second application because I wanted to make sure that I didn`t miss anything. It probably wasn`t needed but it made me feel better.

ZaneO
01-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I am not sure if the car has swirls, but I am sure it does. That is why I was wondering about the Menzerna. I just wasn`t sure if I should use the Menzerna before or after the AIO.

Thanks for the replies.

ZaneO
01-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Do you guys think that I will need the AIO, or will the Menzerna IP and FP take care of oxidation also?

togwt
01-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Quote: Do you guys think that I will need the AIO, or will the Menzerna IP and FP take care of oxidation also?

~One man’s opinion, observation~

AIO contains a solvent cleaner, for light oxidation it should remove it, but for heavier oxidation I’d try something with a more aggressive abrasive in it. I have no experience of Menzerna so I can’t offer an opinion.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

togwt
01-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Quote: What is the most effective way of applying the AIO?

~One man’s opinion, observation~

All-in-One (AIO) Application

·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing

·Apply to a clean, dry surface away from direct sunlight

·Dampen the applicator with water or use a lubricating spray during application

·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a damp (but not wet) 4 applicator (not the paint surface) apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.

·If you are using a Porter-Cable orbital polisher to apply AIO, use a mild cutting foam (white) pad, use a low speed (3.5 – 4.0) and light pressure, let the polish / cleaners do the work

·Apply to whole vehicle (1-2oz of product should be sufficient for most vehicles), taking care not to apply polish to absorbent surfaces (i.e., unpainted plastics and rubber trim)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*