PDA

View Full Version : Solutions to waxing and adding layers?

AutoNova
01-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Recently on my ford taurus I have added AIO, SG and then a Caranuba wax. Can I go back over the Carnabua wax with more coats of SG or must I use more coats of Carnabua?

If I want to start over or strip the finish?

AIO, would it remove the wax that is already on the car? I have some PS12 paint cleaner would that be what I would use if I wanted to start the car form scratch or just a dawn wash?

Scott P
01-11-2004, 11:22 AM
You won`t be able to add SG on top of the wax. You`ll need to use AIO to clean everything again and start over. Adding additional layers of carnauba is up for debate. Usually, it helps hit areas that were missed with the first application.

Patrick
01-11-2004, 11:59 AM
You could use a Dawn wash, but your just adding an additional, unecessary step. Layering wax is assuming theres no additional paint pollution or damage since you previous layer, it can be done, as long as its not a cleaner wax.....Its really just filling in what has deteriorated, or like scott said, what may have been previously missed. For 15 minutes of work, its one of those tasks, IMO, that is worth the time.....