PDA

View Full Version : Sealant/Wax or both?

gb387
01-10-2004, 07:25 PM
This might be a dumb question but what is the difference between a wax and a sealent. Should I use both? I now use the consumer meguiars polish then #26. I like the results that I get from that combo applied with a PC 7336 should I be using a sealant?

I now have a black truck never waxed it yet and I am thinking of changing to the Meguiars NXT looks like it might really bring out the color better than the #26... should I keep using a polish and add a sealant in addition to the NXT. I have been really happy with meguars so I would like to stay in that family. The truck is new and paint is in great condition.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

imported_BretFraz
01-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Autopia Mayor, DavidB, explains it well here: http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-wax.html

Until we all have time to play with NXT I think its best to wait to see what combos work with it. About 99% of what has been written on NXT is speculation since its not available to the public yet.

gb387
01-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Thank you that helps alot!

Scottwax
01-10-2004, 11:30 PM
A lot of people use sealants like Klasse and Zaino then top with a carnauba. I guess it depends on what look you want.

tguil
01-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I have owned black vehicles for over 25 years. So far the best results that I have achieved have been with Meguiar`s Medallion Premium Paint Protection or the two step BLACKFIRE process. Both give excellent results -- a deep wet look. I don`t feel a carnauba top coat is worth the effort on a daily driver.

I apply all products with a pc and remove them by hand with mf towels.

I`ll probably try NXT this summer.

Tom :cool:

bigguy
01-11-2004, 11:46 AM
I detailed my Tahoe with AIO and finished with two coats SG. This past week I applied some Classic carnauba wax I have had for more than ten years. My Tahoe looks great! Have picked-up two detailing jobs from spectors looking at my vehicle.