PDA

View Full Version : MF loop chenille mitt

Patrick
01-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone have any experience or opinions on this MF loop Chenille wash mitt ?

imported_jgv
01-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Looks great! (you can send me one to test ;) )

dan2179
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM
what makes it Chenille?

togwt
01-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Quote: what makes it Chenille?

~One man’s opinion, observation~

Microfiber is not a fabric, it is a yarn, spun into thread, which is used to weave or knit fabric. The most common micro fibre weave is polyester; called Microfiber.

I think Chenille is a cotton.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

tnoy66
01-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by dan2179

what makes it Chenille?

just copied this

Chenille

A type of cloth made from cotton and other fibres. The word is French for caterpillar because the cloth looks hairy. The cloth is used for millinery, rugs, decorative fabrics, trimmings, upholstery

from here http://www.halifax-today.co.uk/specialfeatures/triviatrail/mmc136.html#c

Patrick
01-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Correct, chenille is what it mimicks...But it is a "MF loop" chenille...

JGV, this may be a little expensive to offer a freebe on, i do apologize !

6cyl's_of_fury
01-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Almost looks like they shaved a poodle and made a wash mitt out of it!

But I`d be interested to see how it performs if someone was willing to raod-test it.

imported_jgv
01-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Patrick

JGV, this may be a little expensive to offer a freebe on, i do apologize !

:xyxthumbs Maybe I`ll order one next time :rolleyes: :D

Spilchy
01-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Where is this sold? I`d love to test one!

I have a MF wash mitt, but the pile is very low, like a towel. It`s not plushy like that one in the picture.

Any info on where to buy that particular model would be great. I have done a Google search on "microfiber Chenille wash mitt" but do not come up with that.

Thanks! :up

jmsc
01-09-2004, 06:14 PM
web site right under the chenille mf mitt.

medic159
01-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I always get nervous when I see something described using the word loop as part of the content. I see very often fabric descriptions for terry type fabrics such as turkish terry, chenille, french terry, velour, etc. that say something is cotton loop or rayon loop or whatever. That MIGHT mean the base of the cloth is something else, possibly a harmful blend thant can scratch. What is that mitt made out of? MF is not enough of a description.

Patrick
01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
My supplier describes it as:

"All the benefits of microfiber, in a mitt with thick, thirsty loops. Holds lots of soapy water, which means less dipping in the bucket. Truly a time saver."

"All the benefits of a microfiber"

Assumption clear......

Spilchy
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DFTowel

I always get nervous when I see something described using the word loop as part of the content. I see very often fabric descriptions for terry type fabrics such as turkish terry, chenille, french terry, velour, etc. that say something is cotton loop or rayon loop or whatever. That MIGHT mean the base of the cloth is something else, possibly a harmful blend thant can scratch. What is that mitt made out of? MF is not enough of a description.

If it turns out not to be so great, it can be used on wheels, grills, bumpers, etc... I bought this mitt b/c it is different looking than traditional MF`s

I have the Pinnacle MF mitt. It is like the towels, flat and not as plushy (as mentioned in previous post)

Spilchy
01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
I just received my order today along with a free MF to try! :xyxthumbs It feels nice and will add it to my collection to compare to the others we all use.

I bought the MF mitt and sponge. The loops are nice and plush and seem to be able to hold a lot of water and suds. I am not sure about the scratch test. I haven`t tried it. They are very different than the traditional MF mitts which are very low pile, like the cloths.

However, my main concern, similar to traditional cotton mitts, is that there a lot of the backing material is exposed. By that, I mean the actual sponge part where the MF fibers are sewn in to. If you spread the loops apart, there are huge gaps and in some places, there are no MF loops anywhere! I`m nervous about touching the paint with that. This is noticable along the top and bottom perimiter of the sponge and in the thumb area of the mitt.

But, for the price, ship rate and free MF, it`s a good deal and will get plenty of wheel, rocker panel, front / rear bumper and door jamb work.

They are nice to add to my collection of various sheepskin, cotton, traditional MF and synthetic washing tools and mitts.

Overall, it was a nice little purchase and an inexpensive way to expand the arsenal!

medic159
01-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

...I bought the MF mitt...However, my main concern, similar to traditional cotton mitts, is that there a lot of the backing material is exposed. By that, I mean the actual sponge part where the MF fibers are sewn in to. If you spread the loops apart, there are huge gaps and in some places, there are no MF loops anywhere! I`m nervous about touching the paint with that. This is noticable along the top and bottom perimiter of the sponge and in the thumb area of the mitt....

Such is the nature of Chenille! This is what I was trying to say in my earlier post, be wary of the base weave (or backing as you call it.) If it is cotton or a polyester microfiber you may be OK but always keep in mind one thing... because something says microfiber don`t take it as gospel that it is safe. Same rule applies to non microfiber cotton, it can scratch also!