PDA

View Full Version : Drastic swirl removal solution

AndyC
01-09-2004, 03:57 AM
Lease co have finally got their head outa their a$$ and solved my problem - car is being returned to the manufacturer. Reason is that the lease co at last have seen the paperwork showing all of the warranty work done on the car (which they`d not seen before) including the following.

Faulty rear passenger door mechanism (door popped open with my daughter in the back of the car...)

Blown intercooler @ 12,000 miles

Warped front discs

Numerous electrical faults

Radio cuts out for no apparent reason

Swirled & scratched paint

This is by no means a complete list but gives you some idea of the nightmare I`ve had with my car.

Their solution?

a 3 year old BMW 323i SE til the end of February then I am ordering a brand new car!

Despite some **** doing yet another hit & run on GF`s car in supermarket carpark, 2004 might just be off to a good start after all!

HilfigerCelica
01-09-2004, 05:01 AM
What kind of car do you drive now?

AndyC
01-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Currently a 2002 Renault Laguna Dci 120

tnoy66
01-09-2004, 07:00 AM
Congrats on the forthcoming new car, what you hoping to get??

I can see the BMW being a prime target for PC practise ;) just don`t overdo it..........lease co might send you more cars to clean up :p

AndyC
01-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Dunno yet - New Accord diesel looks tempting (and 50 plus mpg too!). I really want to try and move away from the usual repmobiles - no disrespect to anyone who runs one - as I`m convinced that quality is a major problem. My Renault basically lasted 35,000 miles before starting to show premature signs of wear & tear which IMO is very poor. In its defence it`s given a steady 45-50mpg on motorway runs at, ahem, slightly above the m`way limit.

All I really need is a reliable, economical car with quality paintwork of course. A good driver would be a bonus but there is definitely a toy planned for later this year so ultimate driving ability isn`t a massive issue for me right now.

I need to work out figures on this 323 though - I reckon I`ll struggle to get 30 mpg plus the co car tax will hurt so I`ve put a call into the lease co to see if they can offer an alternative solution.

If the BMW still goes forward, you`re quite right, it`ll get PC`d to death - BMW paint HAS TO be better than Renault.....!

K_Csaxo
01-09-2004, 09:55 AM
for reliability you really cant beat the japanese cars, as you mentioned earlier the new accord diesel does sound very tempting.