PDA

View Full Version : S100 vs. #26 vs. UPP as topper over SG?

DefBringer
01-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Ok, FINALLY got 4 coats of SG on my black car. I`m ready to top it, and I`d like to find something

1) durable

and

2) will make a visible difference to the naked eye

Can anybody steer me in the right way in terms of deciding between these three?

In addition, where do you recommend I buy my UPP if that is in fact your suggestion?

TIA!

Jngrbrdman
01-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Just for clarification, UPP isn`t a topper. It is actually a sealant that is just as effective at protecting your car as SG is. Its not a fragile wax product. Its a high quality polymer sealant that, while it may not have the durability of SG, looks awesome and protects like a champ. You pretty much have to buy it online. www.premiumautocare.com is where I buy mine from.

If you are looking for mind blowing optical differences on your car from a wax topper, then you might be waiting awhile. SG with a wax topper looks just like UPP all by itself. You get the shine and protection of SG and the wet look and beading of the carnauba. UPP gives you shine, protection, and the wet look without using toppers. It might be something worth trying. However, back to your original question, for my money you can`t beat S100. #26 is great because you can buy it in bulk and it is a great liquid wax. If I had my choice I would choose S100 for my own cars though.

imported_Greg
01-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Because I had terrible success with UPP, that wouldn`t be my choice. My choice would be either Souveran or S100. Honestly though, I wouldn`t buy Souveran again because there is so little difference between it and S100 besides dust attraction. So S100 is my choice.

C-MDX
01-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Greg

My choice would be either Souveran or S100.

Orginally posted by DefBringer

durable

:hm. I think I found something wrong here.

DefBringer
01-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Greg

Because I had terrible success with UPP, that wouldn`t be my choice. My choice would be either Souveran or S100. Honestly though, I wouldn`t buy Souveran again because there is so little difference between it and S100 besides dust attraction. So S100 is my choice.

Greg, what did you not like about the UPP? Were you putting it over AIO?

Jngrbrdman - So essentially there would be no benefit to AIO>SG>S100 over AIO>UPP?