PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Wear When Detailing??

imported_COBRyan
01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I have been detailing for some side money and was curious what would be appropriate attire. I was thinking about having some T-shirts made with my company name and phone number. I thought it might reflect a touch of class to my customers and help advertise at the same time. What do you guys think?

:cool:

thinksnow
01-07-2004, 09:08 PM
First of all, the t-shirts are a great idea. To take it a step further, check out Lands End pima cotton polos. You can get them customized with your logo on the chest and sleeve, and the pima is extra-soft and extremely durable. I had some made up during college, and the guys there are VERY easy to do business with and I think the shirts came out to @ $21 apiece (we only had 9 made).

grandprixlar
01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
I wear either a t-shirt or a polo shirt with my company name and phone number and I also wear a baseball hat with my company name printed on it. I also give t-shirts to some of my better customers (the ones that give me a lot of business) and friends, it`s free advertisement.

chris0626
01-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Just my minor $.02 as a consumer: If two guys were to approach me to work on my car -- one in a T-shirt and one in a polo -- I`d always go with the guy in the polo. Somehow it just looks more upscale and affluent.

I`d 2nd thinksnow`s idea of checking on Lands End; I believe they embroider logos at a reasonable price. :up

imported_Intel486
01-08-2004, 01:25 AM
My detailing clothing get stained a lot from cleaning wheels to the rotary flinging stuff off. I`ve started getting the colored cotton shirts from wal-mart. They don`t cost too muchso I don`t worry about them that much.

quamen
01-08-2004, 09:48 PM
When i go to advertise and hand out flyer, i wear work dickies pants, a long sleeved collared shirt with company name on it and some work boots. Looks alot more professional.