PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Car Customer Pricing

Labster
09-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Due to helping out a friend with his WRX, he passed my name along to his dad who`s the VP of Kraftmaid a cabnet company here in Ohio. Anyway, his dad has 4 cars and a custom motorcyle that he`s very interested in getting done by me on a 3 month basis to keep the finish up (I`m going to try and get him on at least a bi-weekly wash so I can keep an eye on things and to discourage him from going to the car wash). Anyway, the line up is the following: Escalade ESV, Escalade, PT Cruiser, SL-500 and the custom bike. My main question is what do you guys do when you have a customer that has multiple cars detailed by you? I`m also trying to figure out the pricing on these. Any input would be great. I`m suppose to hear from this guy today and from what I hear he`s friends with alot of wealthy people and that could mean good referrals.

Any help would be great.

norahcrv
09-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I don`t have any answers for you, but congratulations on getting your foot in the door!!

Wishing you success in your endeavours!!

Norah

LIL TYCN
09-13-2004, 03:19 PM
i have customers that do multiple cars, i don`t discount them.
i just give them better service and more layers of wax.

I usually also squeeze them in when i am busy and do free pickup delivery etc.

good luck bro.

scrub
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Congrats, you`re in.

Just a thought as this guy seems hi line. You could adjust your prices (inflate them) to show a free detail. Say you charge $100 per car. Then inflate those prices to 125-135 for each. Only charge him for 3 and you didn`t lose any money and showed him a FREE detail. Let`s face it, this isn`t going to be a quick wash and wax job. You will spend a great deal of time making them perfect. Your finished product will be your business cards for referrals. Ask for top $$ for your work. He will appreciate your straightforwardness. If he doesn`t he`ll haggle with you.

If you don`t like that idea then you could go the proposal route. Set up a nice professional presentation (he is a VP) with prices, schedule and the different levels of service you`d offer (WK 1 full detail, WK 3 wash and touch up...) for each week... Sell him on a total surface protection maintenance program. This will aid in setting up a schedule when his hi roller buddies sign you up. You could hem up enough work to be soley working on this branch of your network and take on very few new clients.

Think about the dude that details Jay Leno`s rides.

Good luck and if you`re hiring I`d be willing to relocate. Seriously hope this helps.

ABCDetail
09-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Well, as far as pricing, you need to know what your market can bear. True your potential client may make a lot of money, but you need to establish set prices regardless and stick to them. Best advice I can give you is don`t sell yourself short, you need to get paid for your time. I am priobably one of the most expensive detailers in the area, but I feel like my work is worth it, and you should feel the same. All my packages are based on me making $40 per hour, and full details on average range from 3 hours to 6 hours depending on size and condition. As far as discounting, if a person is willing to maintain thier vehicle with me on at least a monthly basis, then I give them a 15% discount, because that is the amount I can give and still make money. Hope some of this helps.

Labster
09-15-2004, 10:00 PM
thanks for the input and support guys. I think I might go with the discounted incentive on doing his 4 cars for him and then doing the bike for half price. From what I hear, he keeps it in very good condition and he just wants it to look its best so I`ll be spending most of my time polishing chrome and layering some Natty`s on the paint. I`m hoping to hear from this guy sometime this week but I understand that he`s very busy doing what he does. Pricing in my area is actually pretty high. A complete detail starts at $130 but that doesn`t include a 3 stage polish and wax like I offer and also the claying other various services. I`m going to create a 3 package system for the client to choose from and just suggest various packages based on the condition of the vehicle. I think this might be the best route.

I just started a job valeting at a local exclusive country club and one of the guys that I work with, his dad collects cars. He owns like 12 cars total most of them being higher end such as Ferraris and such. He asked for a bunch of my business cards so he could give them to his dad and his dad`s friends. Maybe something will come of it, maybe not. But on my first day I made a potential business contact.

G35stilez
09-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Big congrats!

Check out my website in my sig for my pricing and service listings.

As far as multiple cars, I`d do something like this. Usually the person who referred me, I give 10% off their next detail PER car they refer (and follow through). For a big lot of cars I will knock of 10-20% off the final price. So say it comes to $450, I will charge like $400. It will make it seem more worthwhile for them to do it.

Good Luck.

BLACKWRX
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
if your a valet, just start handing out business cards and your set, these are the type of people that will pay 150 or more for a quality detail.......
good luck with everything

audiboy
03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
It`s been 2.5 years now. If he hasn`t figured out what he`s going to do yet, I doubt he ever will.

Tex Star Detail
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
What a 2 year flashback! LOL

Buzz Grande
06-22-2007, 11:55 AM
G35,

Maybe it`s just me, but I can`t find your website in your signature. Interested in checking out your price list.

Tks

Poorboy
06-22-2007, 12:59 PM
G35,

Maybe it`s just me, but I can`t find your website in your signature. Interested in checking out your price list.

Tks

I heard he retired from detailing and got a real job:D

rabbi
06-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Why was this brought back from the dead?:passout:

Poorboy
06-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Why was this brought back from the dead?:passout:

It`s Buzz`s fault :rofl:lol2: