PDA

View Full Version : BMW 2004 E46 M3 Interior Panel Question.

atwardiv
09-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Detail City Members,

I have a question about detailing that I hope you can help me out with. I have a 04 M3 convertible with black leather and interior. Being my daily driver and people constantly getting in and out of it, I have noticed some scraping on the black interior. Specifically I am talking about the textured rubbery material that goes along the dash, tops of door panels and rear lid (when top is down). My brother who has the same car but with grey interior seems to show little or no wear/scraping etc. I know it sounds silly but it looks like a black Crayola crayon would aid in the appearance. What have you all used to clean/maintain the interior? Thanks for the help!

-A.T.

Woob
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
I`m guessing the door panels are textured leather. The Dash is vinyl I think. And I have no clue for the rear lid. Use an interior cleaner for the door panels. I think I used APC+ that helped me for the door panels for all the scrapes you get.

Btw you might wanna erase the other thread for aid

atwardiv
09-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the quick reply... Couple things to make my question clearer. The material in question is the same through out the car. Its the rubbery textured stuff on top of the instrument cluster as well as the other places I listed on the first post. As for removing a post, what post are you talking about?

-A.T.

Woob
09-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Opps I saw 2 on the front page. All cleared up now. I`ve had problems where a LONG time ago I used paper towel then a rag and they would just lint. Use a damp Microfiber and a light cleaner. Maybe Woolite might work. Btw are you in NC right now? Hope Zaino worked out for ya! :bigups

atwardiv
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Yeh, I goto school at Elon University. I`ve tried 100% cotton towels and had the same outcome as you... they lint. Any other suggestions people?

Woob
09-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Go to your local Sam`s/Costco/BJ`s / Wally Mart/Target for some okay quality microfibers.

Ferrarislave
09-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Use a good APC and 303 or some of 1Z interior products or even Poorboys stuff. It should remove the scraps and get everythign back to normal looking sheen.