PDA

View Full Version : PC dusting...

imported_Aurora40
01-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I`m getting a little tired of the dusting from using DACP or SFP with my PC. I practically have to wash the car again... Has anyone ever tried the sanding dust catcher accessory? Think it would help? Or just be one more thing that might rub against the paint?

I`m also thinking of upgrading to the Dewalt 443... I`ve had my PC about 5 years now, and it`s great, but I think the 443 might run at 6,000+ a bit more smoothly. Not sure why I think that, but I do... The PC feels a bit strained at 6,000 opm. :nixweiss

TaiChi
01-04-2004, 05:46 PM
If you`re going to sell your PC, I`ll take it:xyxthumbs .

ntoddalbert
01-04-2004, 06:52 PM
I can relate, I used DACP with my PC this weekend, keep in mind im no pro, to me its stress reduction or just a hobby.....

All I do to get rid of the dust is shake a MF towel over the mess or use one of those $2 dusters that work on static electricty ( get em at any flea market) they look like fake fur on a stick...

It has taken me a while to reduce the amount of product I put on the pad, I think its only human to use more than is needed. This has really helped me reduce the amount of dust I produce. I think I might have used 5 dime sized squirts of DACP on the entire hood of my GF`s Accord ( older larger than the new model) a few years back when I was a non Autotopian I would have used 5x as much. It was a mess, im sure I am not the only one who did that at one time.

I dont wash after polishing, if I had an air compressor I would love to just blow it off. Maybe even a leaf blower.....hmmmmm Got me thinking. Im sure that would make the neighbors think I have truly gone over the edge.

imported_BretFraz
01-04-2004, 10:01 PM
The PC isn`t dusting, the product is!! Try another brand. I have dusting issues with all my Meguiar`s polishes. 3M and Einszett are not nearly as bad.

I don`t think its wise to spend $150 to "fix" this problem. Why not spend $20-30 on some new polishes? If you want I`ll send you a sample of 1Z Paint Polish (my DACP replacement) and some 3M stuff.

Besides, I don`t think another 800OPM is gonna solve anything. Maybe its time to step up to a rotary. The same $150 will get you a DeWalt DW849 at Costco or Harbor Frieght. That`s the REAL tool you need. The DW443 is a pointless purchase if you already have a PC.

imported_Aurora40
01-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I don`t think its wise to spend $150 to "fix" this problem. Why not spend $20-30 on some new polishes? If you want I`ll send you a sample of 1Z Paint Polish (my DACP replacement) and some 3M stuff.

Besides, I don`t think another 800OPM is gonna solve anything. Maybe its time to step up to a rotary. The same $150 will get you a DeWalt DW849 at Costco or Harbor Frieght. That`s the REAL tool you need. The DW443 is a pointless purchase if you already have a PC.

Sorry, that was a sort of unrelated note. I don`t think the 443 will help the dusting. I was just thinking about trying one out. The PC runs at 6,000 ok, but it always feels like it`s running right on the ragged edge when doing so. It is really gets a lot squirrelier going from 5,000 to 6,000. I don`t think I`m ready for the rotary yet. ;)

I was sort of thinking out loud (well, into the keyboard). I might try out some 3M stuff, as the same local place that stocks Meg`s also stocks a ton of 3M. Thanks for the suggestion and the offer. :wavey