PDA

View Full Version : Will an automatic car wash remove my KLASSE?

imported_Jared
01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
I tried a search on this topic and did not get any results. Does anyone have some experience to pass along?

LouisanaJeeper
01-04-2004, 05:47 PM
It really depends on how harsh the soap they use is.

It is probably safe every once and a while though.

Scottwax
01-04-2004, 05:49 PM
I ran my car through an automatic car wash at the gas station a few times (I keep running out of daylight this time of year before I can get to my car!) and it still was beading like mad (no, I didn`t get the optional wax) with Poorboys PwC and EX. I would assume Klasse is at least as durable, if not more so.

Accumulator
01-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, SG is VERY durable, if the carwash compromised THAT stuff, it`d probably cause plenty of other damage too. Of course someone could botch up the mixtures or something...but I wouldn`t worry about it.

Of course, we`re not touching (oops, pun) on the whole "carwash induced scratches" issue. But Accumulatorette runs her A8 through (truly) touchless carwashes when she`s travelling (she doesn`t let them dry it)- it doesn`t even take off the *carnauba* on her car, much less hurt anything.

BillNorth
01-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I go through touchless car washes during the winter and my SG is still present once spring comes. No worries. The soap they use won`t strip SG.