PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG and PC for faster application

jab
01-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Is applying SG with a PC a good thing to do? I have a suburban, and after washing , claying, and polishing, its nice to be able to put a layer of SG with the PC. I also feel that this would put on a thinner layer due to the PC speed, making it easier to remove. What are your thoughts on this?

TaiChi
01-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Jngrbrdman told me that using a PC to spread SG isn`t a great idea. SG is more of a hand product. I think it was because SG doesn`t spread as well as say UPP.

Accumulator
01-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Other side of coin: I use the PC (with a finishing pad) to apply SG at least as often as I do it by hand. It`s a very different movement/motion. The only thing to watch for is that you don`t inadvertently put it on too thick. Other than that (which can also happen by hand), I`ve never found any downside to machine application. I use speed 4-5.

I also REMOVE it by machine, using a "max" MF bonnet from CMA.

Generally, anything you`d do by hand can also be done by PC. It`s just a "fast hand" that doesn`t get tired. Some people find the set-up/take down of the PC to take more time than it`s worth for some tasks, but not me.

rleven
01-09-2004, 06:35 AM
I bought a set of microfingers from CMA and the pad is amazing for SG. Does the whole car in 10 minutes.

http://www.properautocare.com/6mifipa.html

jimmybuffit
01-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Altho I apply AIO with the PC almost every day, I`ve always done SG by hand...

Seems one would use/waste more product with a big 6" pad, but that` just me.

My Miata is due for a 3rd coat of SG. I`ll try the PC...

Jim

rleven
01-09-2004, 07:06 AM
I thought it would be a waste too. I originally bought the pads for Souveran Liq but tried them with SG. It is not a waste. You use almost all of the product that is on the pad.

Bob