PDA

View Full Version : Detailing essentials....

Patrick
01-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok folks, Im venturing out into the retail business....My question to my fellow Autopians is....What are your top 5 detailing essentials, excluding wax or sealant products, shoot, all liquids for that matter....

Im talking about MF`s, wash mitts (Lambswool, MF Chenille, cotton Chenille, MF, etc......

I guess my question pretty much applies to product application and removal, washing and drying?

imported_ajbarnes
01-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Waffle Weave, MF Towels, Terry Cloths, Soft Chenille Mitts, Lambswool:xyxthumbs

Patrick
01-02-2004, 08:23 PM
AJ, when you speak of soft chenille, are you talking about cotton chenille, or "microfiber" chenille........

chris0626
01-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Most of the tools that feel like essentials to me for exterior car care are pretty well handled by currently-available product lines: microfibers, WWs, the luxurious Autopia CBTs, mitts, applicators, etc. The times that really make me crazy, have me cursing under my breath and saying "there`s gotta be a better tool" happens when I`m detailing the engine. I use shop rags, Q-tips, foam brushes, various bottle-brush style brushes (with firm or flexible handles), brass wire brushes, nylon brushes, a range of low-to-higher-abrasive sponges, but nothing really feels like it "fills the bill" for cleaning an engine. Sorta feels to me like everything in my arsenal is too abrasive or too gentle, too flexible or too inflexible, etc. I don`t know what kind of tool I would dream up -- maybe something like my dad`s shoeshine rag, but "tough/abrasive" enough to get under engine components?? -- but if you`re an entrepreneur/inventor at heart, maybe you can dream up a tool or two that would make an engine-detailer`s life a little easier. :up And the Busted-Knuckle Club will give you their Medallion of Honor. :D