PDA

View Full Version : 303 protectant HELP?

athlon
01-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Last week I was getting pi**ed off with the 303 protectant going, attracting dust. So when it came time to clean the interior I just sprayed it on the dash etc, instead of spraying on a cloth first then wiping the dash. I wiped it off etc, when I cam time to wash it this week, i noticed all little dot stains over the silver painted plastic on my dash surround ( Subaru 02 WRX). I got some more 303 on a cloth and tried to wipe it off, no go. It is stuck on it.

What can I do?

chris0626
01-01-2004, 07:13 PM
I think that if you do a search on this, you might find some useful tips. But I haven`t done that search myself. Instead, I remember reading threads where some folks said NOT to spray it directly on the interior surfaces but -- instead -- to spray it on something like a Meguiar`s foam applicator and wipe that over your surface. So I ordered my 303, used it that way, and have always been very happy with the results -- never had the spotting that some have reported.

Now ... as to how to get rid of your spots. You might try another 303 application using the method I`ve described. If that doesn`t work, I`d suggest you get the product I got in `03: 1Z Plastik-Reniger. It cleans lots of yukky stuff: coffee splashes, shoe-scuffs, misc. dirt and grime. Though I haven`t needed to try it for removing 303 spots, I have a hunch it just might do the trick.

BTW, where are you located??? Maybe, if you revealed your location in your User CP, you`d find that somebody nearby has a product that could help you.

BlueZ71
01-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Try using the 303 cleaner then re-applying with the method Lynn described. IMHO - It`s almost always better to spray on the applicator then wipe.

good luck

blue