PDA

View Full Version : New to the game... need advice on order

emanLS
09-12-2004, 09:07 AM
ok guys, before i say anything ive gotta preface this with one thing: This site is amazing and is the reason i want to get so deep into detailing, thankyou all sooo much.

ok! ive done some research and purchased:
ssr1
ssr2.5
ex-p
natty`s wax

should i use them in that order or do i need something in between the ssr and the ex-p? i just want to make sure that i have the order down and that it will be effective. thanx alot guys!

EBPcivicsi
09-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi and welcome!!!

IMO, it owuld be better to apply the products in this order:

SSR2.5
SSR1
EX-P
wait 24 hours Natty`s

Good luck and enjoy your stay here!!!!

norahcrv
09-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome & Congrats on a Great Choice of Products!!

:yeah

If you don`t have clay, I would DEFINITELY put that in as your first step after washing. It makes an AMAZING difference!!!

Also, I would consider waiting 24 hours after the EX-P, then applying a second layer of EX-P, then wait another 24 hours and apply the Natty`s. The purpose of this is not to "layer", but rather to be sure of full coverage by the EX-P.

Just remember - VERY THIN COATS!!

Norah

What are you using them for? How are you applying (by hand or pc?)

emanLS
09-12-2004, 09:52 AM
i would be applying the with my brand new PC! *smiles poudly* lol. yeah i was planning on applying 2 coats of ex-p 24 hours apart but i was also wondering if i should layer natty`s and if i would have to wait 24 hours? and itll work out well if i use the ex-p after the ssr`s? You guys are great!!!

-eric

Beemerboy
09-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the site

What is the color of your car and condition of the paint that will have a bearing on if you need the 2.5 at all. Get some clay that will make a huge difference on the out come. after the EXp i would put a coat of nattys down laying will not make a huge difference here but that`s just me.

emanLS
09-12-2004, 10:23 AM
i have a cypress green pearl integra recently repainted about 3-4 months ago. I only have some really. really light swirling but i really want to get them ALL out. would i need the 2.5? any other suggestions?

norahcrv
09-12-2004, 10:25 AM
CLAY, CLAY, CLAY!!!*

You`ll be AMAZED at the difference it will make!!

*Well, you only need to clay once after washing, but I got carried away trying to make my point!!!

emanLS
09-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Definitely! ive got a good helping of clay and i cant wait to use it. I actually still have a few stupid questions... if i dont have access to a garage is it ok to detail outside and what should i do in regards to layering products. Will ex-p cure properly exposed to open air and what should i do to reprep the surface to add the next layer?

91LSMAN
09-12-2004, 06:20 PM
The great thing about Poorboys products is that they can be used outside in the sun without any problems. Just read the bottles for more information.

Good Choice on Products.
:)

Vampyre
09-12-2004, 06:30 PM
:welcome

Thoese are the excat products i used on my 2001 integra type R for 3 years. and is what im using on my 2004 black accord.

did you get any spray and wipe to maintain your work?

Woob
09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Use Clay! Follow the directions, Steve himself wrote them specially. You can detail outside just fine. EX-P will cure perfectly, just make sure NOT to get lots of dirt or water or it won`t cure perfectly. To add another layer you don`t want dirt in the layers so hopefully you have S&W (spray and wipe) to clean in between coats. Take note let each layer cure at least for 24 hours, its even better sometimes to wait for a few days. Happy detailing! :D

jaybs02
09-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Eman :welcome
you will love poorboy`s on your car...
As everyone said CLAY it first....
Before you go to the SSR2.5 use the SSR1 first remember least aggressive first, when paint only a few months old I don`t think that that you would have gotten swirls that bad yet.

Will you be doing this by hand or machine?
I believe someone wrote that SSR2.5 should be applied with a PC or rotary to properly breakdown.

Have fun and enjoy your results

"J"

emanLS
09-12-2004, 07:25 PM
yeah ill be working with a pc. awesome advice guys, you`re already helping me a ton. Ill post later if i need any more help! DC is awesome

Vampyre
09-12-2004, 07:54 PM
you mean :dcrules