PDA

View Full Version : My love and hate relationship with the Cali. Car Duster

armoredsaint
12-31-2003, 01:22 PM
I don`t know if I am doing more damage to my black TT by using the CCD each time or not, I`ve done the thing with the newspaper and paper towels to suck out the parafin wax out for 2 weeks even. Sometimes it works well and then sometimes it would leave streak marks, what`s up with that? Should I wash it or just use something else?

togwt
12-31-2003, 01:31 PM
Quote: My love and hate relationship with the Cali. Car Duster

~One man’s opinion~

It may be road grime that you’re trying to remove (as you say sometimes it doesn’t leave marks)

For what it’s worth: I’ve had mine for about 5+ years now, I washed mine (sacrilege I know, please don’t report me to the CCD police lol) and use it (+ a QD spray) when I put on the car cover or when I just want to remove dust/pollen

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

imported_Intermezzo
12-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

I don`t know if I am doing more damage to my black TT by using the CCD each time or not, I`ve done the thing with the newspaper and paper towels to suck out the parafin wax out for 2 weeks even. Sometimes it works well and then sometimes it would leave streak marks, what`s up with that? Should I wash it or just use something else?

I`ve probably soaked my CCD on newspapers for months and have been using it frequently for about 2 years and it still leaves visible parrafin streaks on my black car. The streaking isn`t visible on every other color I`ve tried it on..... only black! One way to reduce the streaking is to `land` the CCD on your paint as softly as possible WHILE MOVING it instead of placing it on your paint and then moving it. I`ve found this reduces the streaking, but not completely. The car still requires QD afterwards.

AMP01
12-31-2003, 03:08 PM
I have several CCD`s, (one for each car and one for the garage). I have used them for about 12 years on jet black, dark gray, white, light blue and on silver paint. I also use it on windows.

I have found that if the car is very warm or hot to the touch, especially on black, that it can leave streaking. For me the streaking comes off easily with a quick spray and wipe of QD. Try not to use on hot vehicles and or in the sun.

Cheers,

Jesstzn
12-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by AMP01

I have several CCD`s, (one for each car and one for the garage). I have used them for about 12 years on jet black, dark gray, white, light blue and on silver paint. I also use it on windows.

I have found that if the car is very warm or hot to the touch, especially on black, that it can leave streaking. For me the streaking comes off easily with a quick spray and wipe of QD. Try not to use on hot vehicles and or in the sun.

Cheers,

Yeep what he said .. mine is black too.. trouble is most the car shows I go to are outside and the car is in the sun for the initial dustdown thus I get the wax streaking. And a QD on a hot black car in a lot of cases is asking for streaking too .. so ya kind of between a rock and a hard spot.

AMP01
12-31-2003, 04:47 PM
The older the CCD gets the less the streaking happens. My oldest CCD, aprox. 12 yrs. old, leaves no streaks at all. Even my 4 year old CCD leaves no streaks. The older they get, the easy they are to work with.

Cheers,

imported_memnuts
12-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by AMP01

The older the CCD gets the less the streaking happens. My oldest CCD, aprox. 12 yrs. old, leaves no streaks at all. Even my 4 year old CCD leaves no streaks. The older they get, the easy they are to work with.

Cheers,

What Amp stated and what he stated before:

hot/warm black vehicle + CCD = minor streaking.

My CCD is 7 years old and actually performs better but looks worst (discoloration) with each passing year.:xyxthumbs

armoredsaint
12-31-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the replys, but the streaking was occuring on the back of my car and the temps where in the 40s too, just weird. No problems with the hood. I used #34 FI after the duster too to get rid of the streaks.